Reload this Page >

Disney World Vacation in Feb.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Vincent

I am planning a family vacation, three adults and a five-yrs old, to Disney World in the beginging of Feb. I am looking for a one-bed room villa, and after search I found Wildness Lodge and Beach Club may be places to go (?). Could anyone give comments on these two?

I also check the availability of these two on Disney booking system, unfortunately none is available. Is there other agnet on the net, that can get me the room and good bargin? I really can use some advices to make this trip possible, all kinds of suggestions are appreciated!!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Gail

Try going to www.hotelkingdom.com
It's hard to believe there are no rooms available since Feb. is a slow time for WDW.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:20 AM
patg

Call the WDW reservation line and ask for any deals at your specific lodges on your specific dates. Keep calling - February is usually a good time for discounts.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 07:26 AM
JUDY

i AM AN AGENT AND AM PRETTY CERTAIN i CAN GET YOU AVAILABILITY AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE OR THE DISNEY BEACH CLUB. I ALSO HAVE A WHOLE LIST OF OFF SITE VILLAS THAT ARE AVAILABLE. CALL ME AT TRAVEL CONNECTIONS TOLL FREE 877-672-3348 AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO HELP.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:20 AM
xxx

Beware before you use Judy. I'm 99% certain she is the same agent who told me she was getting me a good deal on a Disney property last year. Since I've been to Disney World many times, I knew the place she was touting. It was a dump, and the rate was no bargain. Be careful.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Linda

Vincent --

There's a web discussion board -- www.disboards.com -- that has all of the insider info you'll ever need.

Deb Wills site, www.wdwig.com, also has some great info, along w/ pictures of the resorts.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Celeste

There are also plenty of off-site home rentals listed on www.vrbo.com, Vacation Rentals By Owner. Disney has closed some lodging areas due to the low occupancy levels so I'm sure there are plenty of places available. I've also seen rentals on Priceline for 3 and 4 star hotels just off-site going as low as $35 per night!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Vincent

Thanks for all your inputs, but we really want to try the "Magic" on the Disney property. So can anyone suggest an agent, besides Judy, to go, and please give comments between Wildness Lodge and Beach Club. Thanks again!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Dawn Ct.

I am not sure what is going on but the disboard.com seems to be down right now. Any info?

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Disneynut

As you may know, WL and BC are completely different. WL is beautiful, woodsy and a bit isolated from the rest of the "world" BC is next to Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn and many restaurants are located around a man-made lake. I believe the BC is within walking distance to Epcot. So, picking either one depends upon the type of vacation you are looking for. If you want to feel a bit of the "magic", I would stay at the BC. If you're looking for something quiet, stay at the WL. Have fun!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:06 AM
TC

We have stayed at both. We stayed at WL on our honeymoon and for that trip it was perfect. Very secluded. I have heard they have character meals at the restaurants there but we have never been. We did see characters wandering through the lobby. Also, they have a really neat set of hidden mickeys throughout the hotel. The staff can give you a list with hints to help find them. It is a fun little scavenger hunt. It is beautiful but if you want convenience Yacht and Beach are easier commutes to parks. It has easy access to the MK via boat but everywhere else is via bus and can take longer.

The Yacht and Beach share a pool that is wonderful for children so your five year old would love this property (assuming weather permits). It is an easy walk to Epcot and is a boat ride to the MGM studios. Everything else is also via bus. You might try the Boardwalk villas. They are right next to the Yacht and Beach.

Finally, some things your child might like that aren't known to all visitors are the petting zoo over at the wilderness country. You can take a boat there from the MK. They sometimes even have pony rides. At night they often have cartoons outside around a fire and characters show up. And they have hayrides that leave from the main buildings.

Have a great time.