Reload this Page >

Disney World this October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 10:31 AM
cat

I was trying to help a friend get scheduled into a WDW property at the beginning of the month, but there is no availability. What is going on? Isn't October typically a "slow" time of year. Although a lot of off-site properties are available, I'm nervous that the park will be crowded (and I'm the one who recommended to my friend to go to WDW in October!) Any ideas on the situation?

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 12:13 PM
ilisa

October 1 begins Disney's millenium celebration which probably explains why they are so booked. In addition, there are other events going on. For example, the Epcot Food and Wine Festival begins around October 21.

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 03:32 AM
Julie

There's also a PGA golf tournament later in the month. Keep calling to try to get a room -- the cancellation policy on Disney rooms is 5 days prior -- so you may find something at the last minute. So - reserve elsewhere and then you can always cancel the non-Disney reservation (non-Disney hotels' cancellation policies are usually same day as check in). Worth a shot. I'll be there at the end of the month and I, too, worry about the crowds. I'll just have to spend all my time at Jelly Rolls and the pool . . .

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 04:20 AM
ilisa

Julie is right. Just keep calling. We tried getting rooms for New Year's during Disney's 25th Anniversary celebration. Exactly a year before I began calling. The first 2 calls told me that they were completely booked. The third call yielded a room at Caribbean Beach. Just be persistent. Incidentally, that weekend that we were there was the most crowded in Disney history. So the way I see it, this October should be a picnic. I, too, will be there at the end of October, timed to go to the Food and Wine Festival.

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 04:50 AM
jm

I agree - keep calling - also - try the Walt Disney Travel Club. Rooms blocked off by tour operators, and WDW itself for package deals that are not sold close to the date are released near that time.

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 03:32 PM
Rainy

I had the same concern when we went to WDW last November.There were no on-site rooms available until about a week before we left. BUT the park really wasn't that crowded. We rarely waited in line for more than 10 minutes.

A travel agent told me the WDW resorts fill up first.

We hedged our bets by making just-in-case reservations at an off-site hotel, but I'm glad we ended up on property. It made everything SO easy.

Old Sep 25th, 1999, 05:54 AM
maria

I had the same problem trying to get a room booked for Novemeber in WDW. Go to a good travel agent (we use AAA) and have them start searching for "packages" that are "land only" (assuming you already have transportation) and they quite quickly found a package deal for a WDW properrty (the SwaN AND DOLPHIN) although lots of others were available and at a very reasonable price which included lots of coupons and deals on restaurants and shows. Good Luck!!