Reload this Page >

Disney World Hotels/Polynesian?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 04:56 PM
Kim

We are going to Disney the first week of December. We are planning on spending alot of time at Magic Kingdom, since we have little ones and its their first time there. We need convenience. Hoping for a monorail hotel. Is Polynesian nice still? I know its old, but if it is still really nice, we would consider it. I think Contemporary may be not thematic enough for the tots and Grand Floridian is probably too $$$$. Thanks.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:08 PM
amanda

Stay at the Swan or Dolpin (good prices by looking at mousesavers.com) then take a short strolll over to the Yacht club pool which is PERFECT for little ones! Complete with a shallow kids pool with sand on the bottom to play in and a slide! Ask for a view of the fireworks.

If you have the dinero stay at Yacht club and ask for a room with a view of the fireworks! Every night at 9:00pm

FYI- The Yacht Club is adjacent to the Disney Swan and Dolpin which is also within a short stroll to the Disney Boardwalk a family area, shops, and food. All are on a lagoon and share a boat and walkways to Epcot and MGM. A bus takes you quickly to Magic Kingdom.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:09 PM
amanda

BTW- Contemporary was recently renovated may be a good bet still

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 05:59 AM
Patrick

For repeat visits to Magic Kingdom and the option to return to your hotel for a rest for the little ones, any of the three you mention are fine. The Polynesian is kept up beautifully and I wouldn't worry about it being older. I's say it's strictly a matter of best price at one of the three "magic kingdom" hotels, and you're right, that will probably eliminate the Grand Floridian. I agree that the "thematic" scheme of the Polynesian might be more memorable for the kids, no matter how small they are.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 11:53 AM
Celeste

Disney hotels are going really cheap right now - as low as $49 for the All Star Resorts and $89 for the Swan and Dolphin. The first week of December is usually very light attendance even in the best of times. With a little effort you should be able to get great rates wherever you want. And the Polynesian has been kept up very well.