Disney in May

May 8th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Heather B.

Disney in May

I am going to Disney next week and staying and an All Star resort...I just went in Dec and Feb...and I know May is getting close to 'high season' but does anyone know if the crowds should be unbearable...plus the heat...should I go???

May 8th, 2002, 10:25 AM
hello

Helen- probably FLORIDA since her post is in the FLORIDA forum.

Heather- Now is not a bad time, the kiddies are not out of school until June, and expect the temps to be in the mid 80's.

May 8th, 2002, 11:46 AM
x

No there is a US forum and a Florida topic. Try it. It will bring up a list of threads but the Forum will still be the US and the Topic will be Florida. All the threads post to the US forum that is why the location needs to be in the thread's title. Please don't get too worked up about it. It's just a travel board. It will take very little time to become accustomed to how to use it. (Pat on the head)

May 8th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Lori

Since only one other person actually gave any pertinent info, I'll add my two cents.

For last couple of weeks, the temp has been well over 90. The humidity isn't too bad because we haven't had any rain in weeks. I don't know when kids in Orlando get out of school, but in Tampa, we are done at the end of May. However, tourists don't mind dragging their kids down here during May, so you should still expect some crowds. Several years ago, when I had the FL resident pass, we used to go during May because it was never as bad as June-August. Just beware of the heat... I think its horrible and I've lived here my whole life.

May 8th, 2002, 11:55 AM
enough

You know, if you were all on the Florida Forum or topic or whatever you'd see enough about disney to answer all your questions so why don't you do that and quite this bickering!!!!!!!! Get yourselves to the Florida forum wherever it is and leave us all alone.

May 8th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Mom

In answer to your question-don't go on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday. We went last week on a Monday thinking the crowds would be gone--WRONG! The place was packed! I mean lines 2-3 hrs. long. Talked to a Disney employee and he told us that a lot of people are doing a 4 day weekend and pulling the kids out of school. Mondays are the worst because of the 100th birthday of Walt Disney Parade and fireworks. Incidentally, this employee told us the best times to go were the first 2 weeks in October.

May 8th, 2002, 11:58 AM
forx

X- I know that when you post something, it will end up in the US forum, that is not what I am doubting! AND I am in no way new here. But if you do not post your message to be in the "Florida" topics, it will not be there. (See my topic named Florida, Orlando) It is in the US, not Florida.

May 8th, 2002, 12:16 PM
jenna

I was there for 2 weeks starting May 18 last year. Upper 80's temp. Was in a drought, wild fires burning, lots of smog and smoke. Without the drought, probably still hot, but not too bad. Lots of foreign visitors, British, Australian, South American. Fewer Americans. Crowded still with lines. But considering foreigners think America is unsafe now, maybe crowds will be fewer. I know of a few conventions in Orlando mid-May so may be more people there related to that. Hope this helps.

Jenna

May 8th, 2002, 01:37 PM
get a life

Since the people on these boards seem to only want to give you a hard time, go to www.disboards.com for anything you want to know about Disneyworld.

May 8th, 2002, 01:43 PM
joe

I hate confrontation,but I would like to express an opinion.
I live just a few miles from Disneyland in Anaheim California. I am well informed and current on this particular topic and enjoy giving good information to potential visitors.
Whenever I see the word "Disney" I perk up and click.
How about using Disneyland and Disneyworld to distiguish the two?

May 8th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Mary

We rented a wonderful 3 bedroom condo (spacious and immaculate) in Anaheim (about 10 minutes from Disneyland) if you'd like any info, please feel free to email me and I will send you all the information. It was wonderful and I'd highly recommend.It is probably cheaper than the Al Star with all the ammenities! Glad to help if I can. We were there in March and it was in the low 70's...have no further information on normal weather or crowds. Mary

May 8th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Cecilia

While there, don't forget about the new park that just opened this past year....it's called California Park (I believe). We spent an afternoon there and enjoyed it very much. It isn't for rides but there's great restaurants, small specialty shops and live music. My husband actually enjoyed it MORE than Disneyland! Try to do both while you're there! Enjoy your vacation. Sorry I don't know about the weather in May....guess we all take our chances. Cecilia

May 9th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Marcie

I wouldn't worry about the crowds as the schools here don't get out until around June 12th (later than midwest and eastern schools). As for weather, So. California will not be hot then, should be mild and in the 70-80 range, bring a sweater for the evenings...probably not much difference than when you went in Dec. and Feb. I wish you a nice trip.

May 9th, 2002, 07:03 AM
OliveOyl

I'm lost...I thought she was going to the FL park from the way everyone was talking initially? How did CA get into the picture? Was something pertinent deleted?

If it IS Fl, Heather, we are into low 90's daily on the coast and Orlando is often even hotter. It is VERY hot. Mid 80's were the first half of last month. Although we are still in a drought, there are no fires this year, at least not yet.

Can't address the issue of crowds, but school is not yet out here.

May 9th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Judi

Trust me there are crowds even though school is not out. People are pulling their kids out of school to go. We were there a couple of weeks ago thinking we were safe from the crowds and kids. WRONG! The place was jam packed. Monday is the WORST day followed by Sat. & Sunday. As to weather, 90's hot and humid.

May 9th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Jenny

Good Point...she only mentions Disney in her title so guess only Heather knows which Disney she's visiting! Obviously, when readers see Disney some immediately assume California (original) and some assume Florida larger)...hmmmmm....since no one knows, the responses are covering both!

May 9th, 2002, 07:20 AM
huh?

too ambiguous heading....guess Heather never returned to clarify or read the responses anyway.?

May 9th, 2002, 07:52 AM
x

Since she mentioned staying in the All Star Resort she means Walt Disney World. I agree her header is vague, but some of you have reading comprehension problems.....

May 9th, 2002, 09:12 AM
heather

Well excuse me for being a 1st timer on this site....let me clarify..I am going to Florida and thank you for the info (those whose left some)....

May 9th, 2002, 10:18 AM
lynda

Just back from All Star Music Resort for 3 nights. They're having a bit a heat wave right now -- temps in the low to mid nineties, but not exceptionally humid. Crowds were the worst on Saturday in Magic Kingdom because of Spectromagic parade (only night they have it at this time). Long, long wait to get bus back to hotel. Sunday and Monday not that bad, didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything. A lot of the crowd is local since Disney has been offering the best packages to local residents. Good time to go. Have Fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO