Reload this Page >

Disney Honeymoon Perks?

Search

Disney Honeymoon Perks?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:01 AM
Nancy

Disney Honeymoon Perks?

We are planning to finish off our honeymoon in November with a four or five day stop at Disney. I generally don't book packages because I like the challenge of finding the best prices for each aspect of the trip, however I am wondering if we will lose out on "honeymoon perks" if we don't book a pre-fab honeymoon package. Any comments?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:20 AM
Mickieand

If you don't book a package then you can't get Goofy in your room

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
tryingtohelpyou

I'd suggest you post which Disney you need help with...these post without referring to which Disney property end up with 1/2 the people thinking you mean California and 1/2 the people thinking you mean Florida....help yourself and mention at least a state.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:05 AM
Minne

Go to Mousesavers.com. This very nice person devotes an entire site to finding Disney deals and sharing them with others. Don't worry, you can still get the freebies. Just let the reservationist know.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:57 AM
Nancy

Thanks to Tryingtohelp you and Minnie for the only valuable replies! Sorry for the omission - we're going to WDW in Orlando and are looking into the AK Lodge.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:15 PM
Tutter

I am part of the 50% that assumes you mean WDW/Orlando.

Try this site, they are travel agents (they don't charge) & work very closly with WDW. I've heard wonderful things about them, they will watch the prices for you & if a better deal comes up they will snag it for you.

http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/

If you want to book it yourself & want a package, here is a site that gives you some information on packages. Check out this whole site for all kinds of useful information.

http://www.wdwig.com/hmescape.htm

Another site that has wonderful information is www.readersclubhouse.com

If you stay on property, make sure when you book your room that you tell the cast member you will be on your honeymoon, same for any restaurant reservations (PS). Also, get both of you a pair of Mickey & Minnie bride & groom ears (a top hat w/ears for groom & a "beanie" w/ears & a small veil for bride) & wear them through the parks. You can even get your names stitched on them. You will get gobs of attention & you never know what kind of "magic" will happen.

FYI, for birthdays you can go to City Hall in the Magic Kingdom & request a birthday button. We usually go for my daughter's birthday & she always gets her button. She gets extra attention from the cast members. We get to ride in the front of the monorail (anyone can, you just have to ask), she has had cast members at the different kiosks give her something off their cart without accepting $$ for it, she (we) have been taken to the head of lines & given front of the line passes, the waiters/waitress's always give her special attention at the restaurants. Even the other guests will wish her happy birthday.

You could certainly expect some of the same if you make it known that you are honeymooning.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:57 PM
william

I'm 48 years old and have been to WDW 7 times since it opened and to the new Disney park in California once. I love Disney, it's clean, it's fun, it's always a nice vacation.

I've been to Europe 6 times, New Zealand twice, Africa once, Canada 4 times, Mexico 7 or 8 times, South America once and I loved those places too.

It's so interesting to see these Disney haters pop out with the mention of Disney. Is it projection or just simple jealousy or fear that embracing something that a lot of people like will tag them as weak.

Pretty funny whatever the cause.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:59 PM
Harriet

Osama and his type also hate Disney.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:39 PM
JustAThought

William -

I agree with your underlying premise that there are unspoken reasons for people bashing Disney - but I don't understand the reasons you have proposed. Jealousy? Over what? Nobody needs pass an IQ test, go through a beauty contest or otherwise quaify to go to Disney. I think you're right that a lot of people bash it because it is popular - but out of fear of appearing pedestrian, not weak. I'm not sure what being weak has to do with it.

For some reason, there is rampant bashing of certain popular US locations on both the US and Europe board. Many people seem to think of themselves as adventurous because they don't go to Disney and are "brave enough" to venture across the Atlantic. What many of them don't seem to realize is that traveling to Europe, while wonderful in many rights, is not exactly daring in this day and age. How can it be when the biggest concern on the European board is whether or not to wear black? It's interesting to note that there isn't any of this posturing on other threads where people are traveling to much more remote, exotic places in Africa, Asia and Central and South America. Maybe those people are a little less insecure.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:48 PM
william

JustaThought

Jealousy over the fact that some people have been there and maybe they haven't. Jealousy over the fact that there are always people who travel a lot and they don't like it, be it Disney or any other place.

Weak in the sense that young men put each other down for doing something pedestrian but are in awe if you do something dangerous and different. Extreme sports, tattoing.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:30 PM
GoodGrief

William -

You're comparing extreme sports to getting a tattoo? How sad.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:13 AM
william

Ever hear of Hepatitis C idiot. You might want to get your self checked as you are probably one of the lemmings who has a tattoo.

Is it safe to do something under the influence of peer pressure that may give you a lifetime disease? I don't think so. That, I consider dangerous.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Glenda

Here is an article on Hepatitis C and tattooing:

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byiss...c.html#tattoos

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Back on topic

Here is another link that you may find more information for your honeymoon. Good Luck!

http://www.yourfairytale.com/interactive.html

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Goahead

I say if you want to go to Disney World for your honeymoon, then you're too young to get married!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 11:16 AM
xx

Why would anyone want to go to the Rat place when they could go to say Hawaii or Paris or somewhere else unless they were immature to begin with. Nancy you better read the book the "Peter Pan Syndrome" and get some psychological help in finding out why you are Wendy marrying Peter and why you are an enabler. Ten to one you end up divorced in 2 years.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 12:34 PM
XX

Will ya'll leave Nancy alone! It's none of your business where she decides to go for what reason. Find a grumpy old man forum & pollute that site. If you don't have something pleasant & helpful to say - DON'T SAY IT!!

Leave the woman alone!!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Sara

Something to think about is the planning. I love to plan things, down to the smallest detail. I loved planning my wedding but it was also VERY hard work and consuming. I was very glad that I just purchased a package because it was one less thing I had to worry about (no car rental, tickets etc - they were all in the package and I thought it was a pretty good deal for what we got).

For those people that think Disney is awful and it is only for children, I purposely chose DisneyLAND for the ease. I knew I would be stressed about getting married - it is still a big thing to me - and I didn't want to have to worry about getting from place to place or packing/unpacking, directions, flights. I ended up being sick for my honeymoon and am very glad I didn't sleep away Paris or Hawaii. I will get to those places but I am very thankful I listened to the people who loved me and chose an easy, simple yet very fun honeymoon. My husband had never been there (or flown) and it was a bit like taking a kid for the first time.

So don't listen to the Disney bashers you should have a great time and I recommend a package because you have enough to plan in a wedding (assuming you are having a medium/big wedding) without worrying about all the hassles that traveling entails. You will have plenty of time to plan and deal with those hassles later!

Best wishes!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:21 PM
JDJones

I think DisneyWorld is a great honeymoon destination. My husband and I are going to celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary there. We have never been there before and we are leaving the kids at home. How infantile does that make us? A word of caution about the "honeymoon packages", they are not always free. Check the prices with and without the honeymoon perks and weigh the benefits against the costs. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and I hope you have a fantastic time on your honeymoon. I think that as long as you are both young at heart you will have a terrific marriage.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Nancy

Thanks to those who answered my questions. To those who think we need to grow up - the first week of the honeymoon will be in the BVI at Peter Island - is that grown up enough for you? Lighten up, folks, and try to have some fun!