Search

Disney for Adults -

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Nicole

Disney for Adults -

Looking for a hotel in the 2-250 price range where there's not only family-stuff to do. any suggestions?

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Dr. Killjoy

Non family thing to do? Don't go to Disney.

Do you wish to stay on the Disney-owned property? Do you wish to be bombarded by children-marketed pools, dining options, etc.?

Romance can be found for couples only in Disneyworld. But narrow your focus.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Mandy

I don't remember the exact cost, but the last time I went to Disney World with my family we stayed at the Yacht Club,which is on Disney property within walking distance of Epcot center. There weren't nearly as many families and young kids as there were in other hotels. It was very nice and relaxing.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Mickey

Are you referring to Disney in Florida or California?

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Nicole

I'll be in orlando for business, and my boyfriend will meet me there when it's over - for a few warm weather vacation days (we're from the northeast). We're all set up for discovery cove and we'll probably go to universal for a day, but we'd like to stay in a nicer hotel than the typical family resort - something a litle more relaxing. Portofino looks nice, but they can only accommodate us for 2 nights, so we're looking for an alternative. Any help would be much appreciated!

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:56 PM
CB

Hyatt Grand Cypress Resort in Lake Buena Vista, next to Disney. Excellent Pool, Lake, restaurants, spa and not a lot of kids.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 03:00 PM
patg

You might like the Peabody, a luxury hotel with more convention business than family business. It's well-located for visits to Universal and Sea World. Also, try
http://www.wdn.com/dwills/contents.htm
I think it has a listing of romantic things to do at Disney itself.