Search

Disney Dining Plan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney Dining Plan

I am going to Disney World in Oct. There will be 9 in my party. It has been a while since my last visit. Can anyone tell me about the dining plan, if it is worth it and if you have to tip or is that included. Also I am staying in the Beach Club resort, any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Jean
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:46 AM

You have responses on your other thread.

Click on your name to get the list of your posts if you can't find it.
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 07:19 AM

I did a full review and tips on how to get the most out of the Disney Dining Plan on my show at www.wdwradio.com.
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 04:23 AM

There is good information about the dining plan at http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/packages08a.htm

Tip is not included.

In my opinion - the dining plan is almost always a good value for kids ages 3 -9,

It can be a good value for adults if you use the credits well.

Here's a great link to help you use the snack credits well - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1683477

Our general rule of thumb is to pay cash for snack items under $3 and to save our snack credits for items between $3 - $4.

Depending on your travel dates in October,you're probably within the 180 window for dining reservations. I highly recommend making reservations as soon as possible, especially if all 9 of you want to dine together. Frankly, you won't be able to get one table to seat you all at every location. Some - like Sci Fi Dine In - can only accomodate up to six at a table. There are others that can only go to 8 but there are quite a few locations that can seat you all.

Old Apr 29th, 2008, 06:11 AM

We did the dining plan in April with nine. It was a total bargain for the kids and I think we came out ahead or just broke even on the adults.

We never had problems getting a table for 9 people anywhere we went. However, we did make our ADRs early.

You do have to tip and pay for alcoholic beverages. Also, no appetizers are included. That was never a problem for us as we did a lot of character meals that were buffets.

Have fun.

Old Apr 29th, 2008, 08:42 AM

The problem usually comes when you have kids in the 10-13 age range who still eat like kids.
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Missypie is correct. However, we had the opposite issue. Our preschoolers eat like adults. Not necessarily in volume (although they are ramping up) but in their tastes. They don't do nuggets, mac and cheese, etc. They prefer what we feed them at home...lots of fresh fruits and veggies, bold flavors, lean meats, seafood, sushi, etc. The kid's meals tend to dumb down the food to a great extent. We got around that by doing lots of buffets where the kids could eat the same food as adults and picking our counter service meals very carefully.

taitai
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 09:57 AM

It may take sme time, but it is worthwhile to go to allearsnet.com and choose serveral restaurants that you would like to try. Click on the menu and choose what you think your party is likely to order (kind of hard to do for 9-may want to just do the exercise for your immediate family). If someone always chooses dessert, or always has water instead of a soda, note that. Add up the liely tab and compare that to what you are paying for Disney dining.
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM

I went last year and use the DDP. I loved it. I felt like we were at an all inclusive resort. We ate tons. I didn't do the Deluxe plan, just the regular one.

It is right that tip is no longer included, but that isn't too bad.

We saved all year so we could splurge on the dining plan for our trip. I even bought Disney personal checks (www.checks-for-less.com/Disney_Checks/html) so that I would remember to save while I was out shopping every day.