Reload this Page >

Disney Accomodations for 4 adults/1 toddler

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2000, 10:52 AM
l wilson

Please give me your thoughts. We would like a hotel/resort that is close to mostly everything since we will have a toddler with us.

Thank you.

Old May 26th, 2000, 11:37 AM
mike

Are you interested in Florida or California?
Florida try the Day's Inn Suites
Anahiem there is a Fairfield Inn just outside the gate that has large rooms.

Old May 28th, 2000, 06:50 AM
Pat

I travel with children to Disney World about every four years and my experience has been that nothing beats staying on site. Guests of the resort have early admission to a different park everyday and then during the real heat of the day you can head back to your room for a nice cool nap or swim.It is less time consuming to be on site. We like to pack each day with as much fun and activity as possible and don't want to spend a lot of time traveling from one location to another.The down side of staying on site is the expense. The room rate does include a character breakfast and unlimited use of all the parks but depending on your choice of resort can be expensive. Our favorite is The Polynesian. Since off site rooms are far less expensive we add a few days before or after Disney at an off site motel and visit the other attractions in the area.

Old May 30th, 2000, 03:40 AM
Julie

It depends on how much you want to spend. You can two bedroom villas at the Boardwalk Inn or Old Key West, but those will cost quite a bit. I haven't stayed at the Dixie Landings but was told that they have some rooms that have two beds -- and one bed has a trundle that pulls out which would work for the toddler. The Disney Institute, Treehouses, etc. are also options, however, aren't as "Disney" themed (so I've heard -- never stayed there). If you'd rather have the couples be able to have their private space, you could get two rooms at the All-Stars for the same price as one at the deluxe. Let us know more about your budget and desires.

Old May 30th, 2000, 06:15 AM
mickey

Stayed at Port Orleans; if u must go with a toddler ( I dont suggest it), saty there & ask for a room near to the buses. Then make sure you get up at 7am, eat in the cafe. right at the hotel, & get on the 730am bus. Do not go to the parks that have early adm. early.
Be a contrarian. Warning: food is dreadful there. Also, consider seaworld for a day. Staying off premises is not worth it.Also, dont go in the summer--hot & gross. IF you can, go in the Fall.

Old May 30th, 2000, 06:53 PM
Kris

Days Suites is a good place. Seperate bedroom and sleeps 7. Full kitchen. Freeze those juice boxes solid and junior will have an inexpensive drink anytime. I paid $59. thru Kissiimmee/St. Cloud visitors guide or AAA. Phone their 800 number for best rates. I was there May 1-13.

Old May 31st, 2000, 07:44 AM
Paula

I agree with Pat about staying on site.
Just makes the whole experience run much
more smoothly. My vote is for The Boardwalk Inn. Have breakfast @ Spoodles, go out & do the 'Disney stuff', come back for a swim (they
have a Kids' pool & a separate Adults'
pool which some of your 4 adults
may appreciate), then stroll over
to Epcot @ night for dinner (toddler in stroller) & go to a different country
every night, watch the fireworks @
the end of the day, stroll back to The
Boardwalk Inn ( or take water taxi which
is circuitous but fun ...heh! what's the hurry???). Then, get up next day & do it all over again!!! Have fun!!