Reload this Page >

Dinner in NY for Valentines

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 01:43 PM
joe

I asked the prettiest girl I've known if she would accompany me to NY the second week of February. She said she'd love to spend Valentines day with me. I goofed, we don't have a restaurant yet for the 14th. I have a Le Cirque reservation for the 15th, but nothing for the 14th. Help, need a great restaurant and club ideas for the 14th. We're staying at the Palace Towers
Thanks

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 05:54 PM
Kyle Logan

Try Cafe Centro, which is in midtown. It has great atmosphere and terrific food and while a little pricey, $100 for two with a couple of drinks it is a great place. I used to take my wife there all the time.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 11:55 AM
jason

many of the famous romantic restaurants will probably be booked, namely One If By Land---I would try Il Buca which is downtown on Bond St betwee Lafayette and Bowery--Excellent Mediterainian food, whine list and atmosphere--its an antique shop by day

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 01:07 PM
huh

Whine list?

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 02:02 PM
lola

Windows on the World in the World Trade Center is on top of the most romantic view of pearl-rope bridges and skyscrapers. Get a table by a window and you'll be giving her all of New York. River Cafe on the Brooklyn side also has incredible views, and both have great food. Sounds like you will be having quite a holiday!

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 03:45 PM
Rezanov

Dear Joe:
If you do indeed have a Valentine's Day dinner date with the PRETTIEST girl, why waste her on New York. Fly her to San Francisco for an utterly romantic dinner at MASA'S!

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 06:53 PM
steve

I was in NYC last year on Valentine's day and had a very hard time finding a place that wasn't fully booked. A good place for restaurant ideas is the Zagat website. I believe they have a category for romantic restaurants-find a few you find appealling and start calling, or maybe easier would be to call the concierge desk at the Palace and have them make the reservation. Concierges in hotels like the Palace usually have excellent restaurant connections and can often get you in the hard to book places.