Dinner in Las Vegas with family?

Jul 10th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Dinner in Las Vegas with family?

Can anyone tell me a really good restaurant in Las Vegas for eight people that isn't too pricy? I am taking my husband to Las Vegas for his birthday at the end of July and my sons and friends are meeting us there, which my husband doesn't know about, and I want to make sure it is affordable for all. We are staying at Paris and it is our first time there and I don't know of any bargains or good deals. We live in NY so we know restaurants can be pricy but I don't want to make anyone uncomfotable if it is too expensive.
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM

Canaletto at the Venetian hotel...since you are 8 people you can reserve a little private balcony table, you'll really enjoy it.

Look for their link on IlFornaio.com to see the menu. There is also the IlFornaio restaurant which is closer to Paris, but the private table at Canaletto would be special. It overlooks the "Venetian canals" area. As you know, you can do a lot of "sharing" at Italian restaurants, and get out of there rather inexpensively if you wish.
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Well it depends on your definition of "too pricey"

At any rate, there is a restaurant right at Paris called Mon Ami Gabi that I highly recommend. Great atomosphere for that sized group and priced at around $40-$50 per person with one drink. Wine bottles not included. Certainly it can go more or less based on the entree.

I am also a big fan of the steakhouse at Bally's which is attached to Paris. You don't hear much about it for some reason but I have had one of my best meals in Vegas here. Similar price..perhaps a few bucks more.

Enjoy!
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:27 AM

We went to both Canaletto and Mon Ami Gabi and Mon Ami Gabi wins hands down. Canaletto was just OK and the service was not all that great. Mon Ami Gabi had those great views of the Bellagio though and really good food. And I agree, you could spend about $20-$50 per person.

Vegas is so very expensive though, it's not like what it used to be.
Jul 11th, 2008, 06:01 AM

If you have a car, do yourself a favor & go to Carluccio's Tivoli Garden for Italian food. It is located next door to the Liberace Museum & is a 5-10 minute drive from the Strip.

I think they have an online menu. Seriously, this place BELONGS in NY.