Dining recommendations in La Quinta, CA area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2018, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling to La Quinta in March with family. My husband and I are looking to take my parent's out to a nice meal one night and I am looking for suggestions. I know that I can yelp-this but I want to find something a little more off the beaten path and unique. Anyone out there have a restaurant or dining experience that they would recommend? Local and non-touristy would be appreciated.
* We would be willing to drive, doesn't need to be in the La Quinta area

Last edited by saraseckman; Feb 1st, 2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old Feb 1st, 2018, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For upscale/pricey, I recommend Cuistot in Palm Desert. The chef is from France and the food is top notch.

Two restaurants on El Paseo in Palm Desert with good food and balcony views of the mountains are Pacifica and Tommy Bahamas.

For street level tables that look out onto El Paseo, Cafe des Beaux Arts offers good food and ambiance. I think the chef is from France as well.

For a fussy meal in La Quinta I would recommend Cliffhouse in its super cool mountain location.

For casual, Stuft Pizza is a local favorite. Nothing fancy but you can't beat its location and good food at happy hour prices. Their gluten-free pizza is one of my favorites in the Coachella Valley. DH loves their scallops and rice.
Twenty6 is a neat bar type restaurant in the La Quinta Resort that serves a really good rib eye steak with bearnaise sauce.

If you venture out to Palm Springs, The Tropicale has an eclectic menu and neat round dining booths.

Boots