Reload this Page >

Dining at Pebble Beach

Search

Dining at Pebble Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 04:38 PM
Jeanne

Dining at Pebble Beach

After watching the golf spectacular at Pebble Beach, I am wondering if the public is allowed on this golf course? If not, is the club house open for dining? I would really like to view this course up close is this possible?

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 06:08 PM
CMcDaniel

If you can get on AND have the inclination to spend $250-275(?) in greens fees, you can play it. You may also need a fore caddy so more $$.

There was a small shop there where we bought sandwiches then ate out on the lawn.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 06:11 PM
terri

Yes, anyone can play Pebble Beach. You must make reservations well in advance. A round costs in the neighborhood of $325 - $350. There is a great restaurant and nice shops on site. We have played there a few times and were there for the Pro-Am this year. The views are spectacular, as is the course.

There is probably a website for more specifics. I would do a search with one of the search engines.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 02:33 PM
kam

Pebble Beach in indeed open to the public with very stiff green's fees (and I believe a caddy is mandatory, but check on that)If you don't want to play, however, you can see a bit of the course by driving the 17 Mile Drive. The restaurant at the 18th hole is lovely with a pretty patio in good weather and good food. The Lodge at Pebble Beach is also open to the public for about $400 per night. My husband and some friends played Pebble about a year ago. We figured we spent about $1000/day with fees, room and meals. As we drove out of the property his comment was "I hate this golf course!"--read: husband vs. course, course won! It's a course to challenge the best of golfers (husband obviously is not one of them), but a unique place to visit.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 06:02 AM
Jeanne

Thanks for all the input. Your advice will make our vacation much more enjoyable. Appreciate all the different viewpoints.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 06:19 AM
Dan

Jeanne: we stopped at Pebble Beach about 4 years ago on our way along the 17-mile drive; we had a lovely lunch overlooking the 18th hole (I thought I was too casually dressed, but the staff told me I was just fine). We didn't play golf, but wandered around the shops, etc., and felt it was a worthwhile stop.

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 06:37 AM
Jeanne

Dear Dan, I appreciate the reply. Can't wait to add this stop to our tour. Thanks, Jeanne

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 12:29 PM
Bob

We live in the area. A great place to eat along the 17 Mile Drive is at Spanish Bay Resort, a 4 star resort and golf course. Name of the restaurant is Roy's. Roy has a place in Hawaii and Spanish Bay had him open this one at the resort. They have a bag piper march every evening to close down the golf course. You can enjoy that from the outdoor patio and then go into Roy's for dinner. Another plus: If you have reservations at Roy's you do not have to pay the $7.50 per car charge to drive the 17 Mile Drive. Go early, have a drink at Pebble Lodge in the Tap room and then head down to Spanish Bay. A great evening. (Roy's is also country club casual and not too expensive)

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Jeanne

Thanks to everyone who responded to my posting. Lots of good suggestions. Can't wait to make the trip.