Dining at Disneyland

Search

Dining at Disneyland

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dining at Disneyland

Hi, my family (me, husband, 16 yo daughter and 13 yo son) are having 2-3 days at Disneyland in late Nov/early Dec. I have booked Napa Rose for a meal one night, but also wanted a "Disney dining" experience. Looks like both "Goofy's Kitchen" and Blue Bayou get very good reviews. Can't really afford both I don't think, so which one would be better do you think?? Also taking into account the age of my kids (although they still love the disney characters). Thanks for your help
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Blue Bayou would be my choice. The atmosphere is very nice. You are inside The Pirates ride and you can watch the boats go by. I thought the food was good.
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 07:30 AM

I agree that Blue Bayou is the better choice. Also for fun go to Brennan's at Downtown Disney... live musci most nights makes it really fun for all ages and the food is great. Have a wonderful time!
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 07:43 AM

I go along with the onemoneygirl.(above). 13 & 16 year olds I think would prefer going downtown. You have everything from House of Blues to Brennans to Wolf Gang Pucks.(casual) Much more fun for teenagers than Goofy's Kitchen or Blue Bayou. Music, lights everything the whole family could want.My youngest at the time was 11 and he said it was the best night of the vacation. Above all...Ask your kids. You guys will love it too.
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Blue Bayou is quite expensive and although the atmosphere is nice, the food unfortunately is not really very good.

Another recent option that isn't bad is the resurrected Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. It's all you can eat and there is some entertainment along with it. I think lunch is a better deal, dinner doesn't add a whole lot for the extra price.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM

I love eating at the Blue Bayou but I agree that it's the atmosphere that makes it fun.

The best tables (IMO) are the ones right by the water. Those are the hardest tables to get and if you want to try to get one, make your reservations but show up at the podium at least 15-20 minutes before your reservation time. Tell them that you would like to wait for a waterside table.

If you're lucky, the wait will be maybe 15-20 minutes. Sometimes the wait is pretty long and you have to decide whether the waterside table is that important.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM

We thought the food was horrible and very expensive at Blue Bayou - we ended up with a table by a bus station - no atmosphere - at all. Expensive yucky food. We have Disney passes and go to Disney & California Adventure often all year. I would go to Downtown Disney (my daughters are 12 & 16 for a point of reference).
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 10:09 AM

The Blue Bayou used to have the best Monte Cristo sandwich I've ever had...I imagine it's still on the menu as it was always quite popular.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 11:16 AM

When you say "Disney Dining", do you mean character meal? We have eaten at most of the places mentioned by others. My favorite would be Brennans. and yes, the Monte Cristo is still the #1 item on Blue Bayou.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM

The Monte Cristo is now only on the lunch menu at Blue Bayou. That will cost you about $26 not including a drink but including a soup or salad.

It's also available at the Cafe Orleans all day at a lesser price. Not that I would recommend it unless you are short on your quota of deep fried things.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Deep fried quotas . . . hmmmm. Love that! The fritters are also awesome in the deep fried category.