Search

Dim Sum in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:50 AM
cap

Dim Sum in NYC?

My son loves chinese dumplings and is demanding a trip to China to eat them. In the meantime, we have offered him some trips to Chinatown, USA.

We've been to Boston, NYC is next. So where can we get the best dim sum and/or dumplings?

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 05:48 PM
toppy

ttt

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 07:44 PM
smoy

try dim sim go go. located on east broadway in chinatown or golden unicorn .

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 10:31 PM
e

The soup dumplings at Joe's Shangai-a MUST for dumpling lovers. Locations in Chinatown and Mid town.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:49 AM
lisa

Try Zagat.com. I think you can search by dim sum.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:45 PM
chinatowner

All great suggestions above, but if you want to go where the locals go for dim sum, try the large restaurant on Pell Street by Mott Street. You can't miss it, it's ALWAYS crowded for dim sum. I'll come back with the name as soon as I can.

For dumplings, there is Shanghai Snack Bar on Elizabeth Street and another small restaurant on Mott Street - closer to Bayard Street. (again, I'll get the name for you - but you'll know it when you see it, and you will see it). Try the Siew Lung Bau.

If you like wontons, WonTon Garden on Mott is great. Noodletown is good too, but beware of the cashier.

Just as an FYI, I've noticed Boston Har Gows (shrimp dumplings with thin layer of skin) is much larger than the ones in Manhattan =(

There is also another large Chinatown in Flushing (Queens), but I'm not too familiar with the area.

Have a great time when you're here!