Diana Exhibition going to Atlanta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are thinking of going to the Diana Exhibition when it arrives in Atlanta later this month, I thought it would help if I post a review of the exhibit as I saw it in Philly over the weekend. I took my two teens and husband, none of whom were too excited about going. But we all enjoyed it very much, and my kids were impressed to find out that she was the 1st public figure to be photgraphed shaking hands w/AIDS patients, and embracing them, as well as her similar work w/people w/leprosy and victim of land mines.

The childhood section was very well done, lots of photos, childhood items she loved, and even restored movie films her father took of her playing at various ages. My favorite room was the very large fashion exhibit. Many of her gowns and suits were on display. The women could have worn a potato sack and looked fabulous, but the gowns, outfits, and hats themselves were beautiful and breathtaking, and were accompanied by photos of Diana wearing them.

There was little to no emphasis on the content of her married life and the manner of her death. The condolence section was moving, and many people were tearful in that rm., as Elton John sang her version of "Candle in the Wind." The tribute that her brother wrote and read at her funeral is on display (in his handwriting w/his edits) and it was also moving.

It was a really lovely exhibit, well worth attending for us. She was a humanitarian and that comes through very well.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Thanks emd3. I will be in ATL in February and will look up the exhibit.
Pam
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 11:46 AM

Is there are website for additional info on tour locations?
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

I googled "Princess Diana Exhibition" and was able to find the exhibition website and to see that it is going to Atlanta in Jan. after it closed in Philly.

See here:
http://www.dianaexhibition.com/press.htm
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM

You can find info on the exhibit at http://www.atlantaciviccenter.com/vi...p?event_id=760 or the exhibit has a Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/DianaATL