Desperatly seeking info on Destin FL

Mar 8th, 1997, 06:20 AM
John

Desperatly seeking info on Destin FL

Jacki, fyi... I completed a search for Destin on the net and inquired on-line to several real estate firms who subsequently sent material. Material was valuable and showed differences in homes / condo's / resorts. Additional most of the material from these firms (primarily vacation rental / leasing firms) included the "highlights" of the Destin area.

Note: I have not been there yet... but plan on heading there in May to explore the region... so I was blind going in like you.

From this material you usually have the 800 numbers of these firms and can call and get the low down on area's, idea's, and things that work for your specific plans. Best of luck.

John

Mar 13th, 1997, 05:11 PM
ab mcy

Destin is great!!!!!! You must visited the protected
coastline, especially Grayton Beach. When We
walked over the boardwalk to get to the beach,
I thought I was headed for the usual white sand
beach. NO!!!! It is the most beautiful beach I
have ever seen. It was rated second in the nation
to Hawaii beaches.
Keep in mind when you head to Destin that this area is a mixture of coastlines. Fort Walton, which is directly south, is a public beach with your basic
Holiday Inn resorts and some unknown smaller
resorts. In Destin you have the finer resorts.
Yet, this area reminds me of the old Florida: it is not wild. AFter Destin begins the protected
coast line or national beachers which are entered
through a park entrance . This is where you will find Grayton. In Destin I suggest you stay at the
Tidewater.

Mar 25th, 1997, 06:47 PM
Ross Centanni

Hello,
I live in the Destin/Fort Walton Bch area and I have a few suggestions for you. To start, the number one attraction here is the beaches. They were judged by "Dr. Beach" to be the best in the USA (including Hawaii....were second to know one!). For shopping, Silver Sands Outlet Mall can't be missed. If you are a diver, as I am, there is excellent diving and spearfishing to be had here. Sportfishing is very big here, and there are plenty of charter boats to take you out. For dining, I would try Captain Dave's on the Gulf, The Lucky Snapper (tried it last night...good eats,awesome view on the deck), Fudpuckers has the best hamburger in the world. I would also suggest that you try contacting Newman/Daily Resorts for a rental. Good Luck and I hope you have a great time!

Apr 8th, 1997, 06:34 PM
Don Neilan

If money is no object, rent a house at Seaside, just a little bit father to the east than Destin -- near Sea Grove Beach. Ask for availability of "Sunnyside Up". It's a beautiful Victorian with a widow's walk, loft and great wrap around porch. Walk down the street to the powder-sand beach or stroll the street of Seaside. Nice pools, restaurants, shops on the premises. Lots of great restaurants in area. Slow paced -- must go to Panama City for action.

Apr 12th, 1997, 08:31 PM
P. Jernigan

Destin has beautiful sugar white beaches. Book early if going near a holiday. Bring lots of sun-
screen and a good pair of polarized sunglasses. If bringing kids, in the Ft.Walton-Destin area there is a water park called Big Kahunna's. Cost is $20/each
but you can stay all day.

Apr 20th, 1997, 05:01 AM
Mari

Destin is our favorite vacation spot, we have been
going there for about 12 years. Good places to stay include: Dolphin Point or Waterview Towers on Holiday Isle (view of the harbor and the pass out to the gulf), Sandestin (complete resort with golf, tennis, reggae on the pool deck..), Emerald Towers or Shoreline Towers. Call Abbott Realty and ask for a catalog. They book houses, condos.....
Eat at Harbor Docks, Criolla's (in Grayton Beach), Bud and Alley's (in Seaside), Harry T's (if you have kids). Fudpuckers is also good for kids - they have a playgound outside while you wait at the bar and listen to the band. The Back Porch also has a terrific playground right on the beach and is good for lunch or dinner. Breakfast at June's Dune's or the Doughnut Hole. Have oysters at the BoatHouse on the Harbor and watch the fishing boats come in. Have fun!