Reload this Page >

Departing from Miami, hotel ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 04:44 PM
karen

We are departing from Miami on a Western caribbean Cruise. We need a room for one night. Have narrowed it down to the Marriot or the Wyndham Biscayne Bay or the Sheraton Four Points Miami Beach. If anyone has stayed at any of these places I would love to hear the pros and cons. These hotels are in the right price range for us, i know there are more expensive places but we are here only for one night stop over. Thanks Karen

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 04:49 AM
Troy

Which Marriott? Call me "too practical" but your picking some really snazzy places for someone who will be in our city just overnight. My guess is that you'll be so exauhsted, you won't even appreciate the ammenities. If you have to stay on SoBe (South Beach), then you may just want a place that is clean and safe. The taxi fare is going to alot. I would suggest staying right around the airport for the sake of price and convenience. If want to do the tourist bit, don't rule out the choice of staying in the Grove. Have a great night here in Miami. Bien Venidos a Miami!

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 05:01 AM
kate

We always stay at the Courtyard or Fairfield Marriot South. their own shuttle will pick you up from the departure level of the airport, place is an ideal for only one night, swimming pool, health club are available, and breakfast is included (served from 6 am). Inexpensive too.

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 05:18 AM
Noah

For more info. on these hotels:

Courtyard Miami Airport South
1201 NW LeJeune Road
Miami, FL 33126
USA
Phone: 305-642-8200
Fax: 305-644-1168
http://courtyard.com/MIACS/

Fairfield Inn Miami Airport/South
1201 NW LeJeune Road
Miami, FL 33126
USA
Phone: 305-643-0055
Fax: 305-649-3997
http://fairfieldinn.com/MIAFI/

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 07:40 AM
Karen

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the Marriot Biscayne bay. I don't think I want to be at the airport as we are then departing the next day from the port of Miami. We are leaving Toronto at 9:00am and arriving in Miami around noon and don't need to catch the the cruise ship until late afternoon the next day. So we do have time to see some of Miami. We can get a night at the Wyndham biscayne Bay for $89.00 us or the Sheraton Four Points Miami Beach for 134.00 us and what I want to know are these good hotels and in good areas. We love the Bayside Marketplace but this is all we've seen of Miami. thanks karen