Denver restaurants?

Oct 6th, 2001, 10:48 AM
babycakes

Denver restaurants?

Travelling to Denver soon and would like to hear about any favorite restaurants. I have researched "Rants and Raves" and used the search for this site. We are looking for places like Tante Louise, Strings, or Barolo Grill. Are there any others that should not be missed? Thanks in advance.

Oct 6th, 2001, 07:52 PM
ft

I was listening to the Gabi Gourmet today in Denver. She mentioned a small restaurant in the Capital Hill area called Biscuits and said the food was fabulous

Oct 7th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Patrick

Had a spectacular dinner at Kevin Taylor last week.

Oct 7th, 2001, 01:38 PM
babycakes

Thanks for the help. I'll add those to the list.

Oct 8th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Carol

Papillon Cafe at Cherry Creek has delicious food and a nice wine list as well. Highly recommended.

Oct 9th, 2001, 03:59 PM
David

Here's a second vote for Papillon Cafe--great French-Vietnamese cuisine. Also, while in Cherry Creek (that's where Papillon is) try Mel's Bar and Grill. Don't let the name fool you, it's a classy locals place with great atmosphere, food and service--plus live jazz.

By the way, the others on your list are good choices.

Oct 10th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Gretchen

Domo--country style Japanese food in an absolutely beautiful setting. Only open Thursday-Sunday evenings.

Oct 10th, 2001, 03:07 PM
charles

Domos is a great setting, but I thought the food was a little lackluster. Strings was a huge disappointment - overpriced not that great food. Mels Bar and grill, on the other hand, has been consistently excellent.

I've also heard good things about Barolo, Tante Louise, and Papillon (esp Papillon) but haven't tried any of them.

Oct 11th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Rod

While in Cherry Creek you might want to check out The Manhatten Grill--great independent steak place--or the Chinook Tavern--wonderful continental menu featuring everything from weinerschnitzel to fondue. Also, a third vote for Mel's!