Denver Hotel recommendations

May 13th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Alfreda

Denver Hotel recommendations

I would appreciate recommendations for a
hotel to stay at in Denver this coming
October. I'd like to stay at a hotel near the 16th Street mall, museums and attractions, which all seem to be near the downtown area. I don't want to stay in the
tech or airport areas because they just aren't near enough to downtown. I will be attending a convention at the Adam Mark's Hotel. I want to make the trip back and
forth from hotels easily. I will have a
car. I found the Oxford, Brown Palace, Adam
Mark and the Westin too expensive. I was
looking at the Burnsley because they offer a shuttle service to downtown but someone
mentioned that it is not located in a great
neighborhood at night. What about the Warwick Denver, the Denver Marriott City
Center or the Hyatt Regency?

I would appreciate some hotel
recommendations. Thanks for you help.
Alfreda

May 14th, 2000, 07:04 PM
gb

Where is the Burnsley located? I live in Denver, so I don't have much opportunity to sample hotels. But, most areas in downtown Denver are fairly safe. I'm sure the Marriott and Hyatt are just fine. I don't know anything about the Warwick. The Brown Palace, Westin, and Adam's Mark are downtown's finest. I can't recall any chains like La Quinta or Holiday Inn in downtown. Email me if you want me to look in a phone book for addresses and phone numbers of others.

May 15th, 2000, 10:16 AM
bly

There's a Marriott Courtyard that's central to everthing and is comfortable. There is a La Quinta thats 4-5 blocks from LoDo but in a kind of weird location - right off highway. Haven't stayed there, but friends that go to Rockies games will stay there b/c its walking distance to the stadium and cheap. I'd go with the Courtyard. b

May 15th, 2000, 10:27 AM
Alfreda

Thanks for your reply. The Burnsley is located at 1000 Grant Street. I've narrowed down my choice to the downtown area for convenience. The Burnsley is an all suites hotel and located around 10th Street. It is south of the Denver History Museum. I have never been to Denver. As with every larege city I think about safety first, then cost, then convenience and last of all my comfort.

May 15th, 2000, 07:35 PM
gb

I think the Burnsley location is safe enough in the day time, but it's a long walk at night. Denver is fairly safe as cities go, but night is any city is not terrifically safe. Public transportation downtown is a little better than public transportation around town, but still not great. If you use your car, parking is expensive. I think the best rates are across the street from the library and art museum. Did you check out the Executive Inn? It's a bit older and a little less elegant, but I was there for a workshop a year or two ago, and the facilities looked good. (I didn't see a room)) Maybe some other poster has. But, it has a good location near the performing arts center, and underground parking. I'd elect for a hotel closer to the Adam's Mark even if it costs a little more. There's more going on in central downtown, than on 10th street. You might look into that La Quinta the above poster mentioned. The newer buildings seem to have nice facilities. I still think the Marriott or the Hyatt sound like a good choice.

Search this Thread