Denver Hotel Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denver Hotel Question

Can someone please suggest a 'homebase' for the following itinerary:

9/14,15,16 - Working at Inverness

9/17,18 - On my own to explore and I plan to drive to the mountains, not stay in town but I don't mind driving a big loop back to a hotel at night

9/19,20 - Working Downtown

Hotel requirements: EXCELLENT BEDS
I would also prefer free parking, free B'fast and free high speed internet.

I can get all this at the Sheraton Denver Tech Center for 109.00 a night or I can get it at Radisson Graystone for 139.00, both Club Level accomodations.
Any other suggestions?

I don't mind a commute of 30-45 minutes and I am pretty familiar with the layout of the roads in the Denver area... and how awful 25 gets. I had hoped to take light rail but that does not seem to be an option.
But I don't want to stay downtown, as nice as the hotels are it will cast me much more.

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

TTT
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:36 AM

Bid on a 4* on Priceline.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

I am just booking myself, price is not an issue.
Basically I am looking for specific hotel suggestions (not downtown) that would be excellent choices based on the criteria above.
Thanks!
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

I just noticed what looks like a contradiction...

I am not concerned with the room rate, within reason. I do not use priceline because this is corporate travel and I am not allowed to book prepaid, non refundable rates and the whole point of the thread is to find a specific hotel... priceline is opaque so that defeats the purpose to begin with.

I prefer to NOT stay downtown just because the hotels tend to nickle and dime you on everything and I find staying downtown an inconvenience, traffic, parking, etc...

Anyone???? There has to be someone...
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:15 PM

Tx - I think I am confused by your Radisson Graystone option? The Denver Tech Center has several hotel options Wyndham DTC, Inverness Hotel, Hyatt DTC, Hilton Garden Inn. I don't know about free breakfast, but I would assume parking is free.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:26 PM

ttt & good example of a travel thread...
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

The Radisson is listed as 'preferred' by my company, that's all.
I listed them because they do have all the amentities listed; free parking, free b'fast and free HS Internet.
But if it does not make sense location wise... well, I would drop the idea.
The Inverness is sold out for some of the time I am there, so it is out...
How are the beds at the Hyatt and Hilton Garden Inn?
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:34 PM

The Radisson really doesn't make sense location wise. Even if you don't mind the commute, I think you would regret the choice. I can't comment on the beds at the Hilton or Hyatt, because I am only familar with the area and not the hotels per se. Hopefully, by bringing this up to the top again you will get another response. Also there are a couple of Marriots in the DTC area.
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Tess

I sure wouldn't stay at the Radisson. From what I hear, that property leaves a lot to be desired and the location isn't great. I don't mind staying at the Tech Center--the Hyatt consistently gets good reviews and we've stayed both there and at the Marriott before. Check out the new Marriott further south, near Park Meadows mall. We've had friends stay there and the reports are all good.

Here's a better thought, though, if you're going to the mountains. Check out the Omni Interlocken or Marriott Renaissance, both in Broomfield, midway between Denver and Boulder. Only 20 minutes from downtown Denver, parking is free, breakfast is included in some of the rates and beds at both places are good...plus you're away from the I-25 mess. The Broomfield area is booming with shopping and restaurants but you're near hiking, etc., too.

One more thought--Marriott West off of I-70 near the mountains and Red Rocks ampitheater would suit your needs location-wise. We're staying there this Tuesday night (after a John Mellencamp concert at Red Rocks--can't wait!!!!) and I can let you know how it is if you're interested. Still think I'd go with Broomfield, though.