Search

Denver Area Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denver Area Hotel

We are going to Denver in August for a reunion (with a family I've never met). There is an event in Englewood, an event in Castle Rock, and an event in Glen Elk (Bailey). We are renting a car. Where should we stay, and by that I mean location as well as specific hotel suggestions. Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:53 PM

I'd actually recommend the Lone Tree/Park Meadows area. There are a bunch of hotels along I-25 from Arapahoe Road to Lincoln and it has easy acess to I-25 for heading towards Castle Rock and access to C-470 for heading to Bailey. Also lots of restaurants and entertainment in that area.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 02:57 AM

Yes, south Denver might be a very good idea. Look for "Denver Tech" area. There are some real deals to be had for suite hotels particularly on week-ends. Look on Hotwire or Priceline.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Googling Denver Tech, I see a Sheraton, Hyatt, Marriott, Wyndham, and Embassy Suites hotels among others. Are these all just cookie cutters, or is there any reason to recommend one over the other? I get the same sort of result googling Lone Tree/Park Meadows, although there seem to be lots of places with suites. We like to stay in nice places, so if anyone can help me choose between the many selections, that would be most helpful. Thanks again for the replies.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Tess

The Marriott would be a great option--only a couple years old and very nice.

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Well if you want to stay in a nicer place I would say check out The Inverness Hotel. I used to work at the Hyatt Tech Center and it's primarily a business hotel (all of the ones in that immediate area are) but it's a nicer hotel. Otherwise the Marriott that Tess is talking about is brand new and is really close to I-25 (your closest option to Castle Rock and still really close to C-470). That Marriott is in Lone Tree, the other one would be in the Tech Center which is by the Hyatt. The Lone Tree Marriott is a smaller hotel but I have been in the lobby and it's not bad. I'd say if you want a nicer property and not cookie cutter I'd check out Inverness. They have a golf course, supposedly have a great sunday brunch and is close to everything else (Highway, Park Meadows and Restaurants).

http://www.invernesshotel.com/
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! The Inverness looks great. How long would the drive from there to Englewood be? I'm still a little confused by the distances between these places! Thanks again.
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 03:24 AM

Put in the address in mapquest and see.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 09:57 PM

Englewood would be pretty close to the Inverness. Depending on what part of Englewood it would probably be 5-15 minutes.