delta airline ok or not???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have booked 3 flights with delta in august.flying from nyc,atlanta and from there to new-orleans, and from lexington kentucky to nyc.just want to know what you think??
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:18 AM

If I have a choice, I always fly Delta. I like it better than any other airline. They seem more professional to me.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:21 AM

We almost always go with Delta and have had a few glitches, but for the most part no big problems. You won't find perfection in any airline, so just sit back and enjoy your trips!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:38 AM

Delta. Especially here in NYC, they have their own big, separate terminal at LaG. Very easy approach and you do not get stuck in the traffic jam at the main section of the airport.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:40 AM

That's not true at LGA. The Marine Air Terminal where the Delta Shuttle comes in is in a separate area.
The main Delta Terminal, where all other flights arrive/depart, is in the main area. Its the first terminal that you come to, but its in the main part of the airport with all the other terminals.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:42 AM

We hadn't flown much at all in 30 years but we recently took a trip on Delta and were very happy with the whole experience. We will definetly fly them again.

Utahtea
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:08 AM

We just flew Delta from Midway to Atlanta to Savannah and back and it was one of the best flights in years.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:16 AM

I have flown Delta through Cinncinati 3 times in the last 3 months. Had bad experiences 2 of the three times.

I use Delta as a last resort.

Keith
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:20 AM

I just flew out of LGA on Delta, got there way ahead of time because I heard rumors that it can take two hours to check in.It only took fifteen minutes to check in and I remember thinking that it must have been faster because Delta has a separate terminal. It appeared to be separate but, I could have been wrong. We had two hours to wait on our flight. There were no delays, I would definately fly Delta again. We also, had a terrific rate $180.00 per person round trip from DFW to LGA.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:14 AM
dln

We used to live in Atlanta and used Delta quite a bit. They're fine. We just flew Delta last week down to St. Pete from Indy and had the most charming and personable Irish flight attendant. In September we're going to Italy via Delta. In more than two decades of plane travel, we've only been angry at Delta once, and that was mainly the fault of bad winter weather, not really the airline. I wouldn't worry--have a good trip. You're going to some fantastic destinations!

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:02 AM
GoTravel

The only reason I avoid Delta is because I hate traveling through Atlanta airport.

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:13 AM

Why don't you like ATL? I find it pretty efficient and it's so easy to change terminals. I can think of a lot worse airports.

DL is fine. I think they are one of the better 'majors' and try to fly DL as my main domestic carrier.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:17 AM

I have used Delta in the past, and thought they were fine.

However, I am looking at flying into Atlanta on a direct non-stop flight, and Delta was almost twice the expense as some other airlines. Any feedback on what's going on with this?
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:24 AM

Part of the reason is Delta operates over 85(?)% of the flights in/out of ATL so there's not much competition. However, if it's a route that low fare carriers fly, Delta will often match their fare for the same market. When JetBlue started flying into ATL from Long Beach, Delta immediately dropped their fares from the LA area airports.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:40 AM
GoTravel

Patty, the reason I do not like ATL is because the airport is so huge. I do up having to fly Delta quite frequently and I have found unless I have an hour between flights, I am pulling an OJ through the airport. My travel agent once booked a connection with 35 minutes between the flight and Delta automatically changed the connection to a later flight.

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:55 AM

Delta has always been my favorite airline. Never had a problem with them. I feel that if I ever do have a problem, they would remedy the situation in order to keep a customer.

However, I cannot say the same for Midway. I had to return one day early from a trip when a tropical storm on the verge of becoming a hurricane was hitting home. My mother was partially handicapped and I needed to be with her in the event the storm worsened. They made me pay $75 extra to change the ticket, then changed my flight THREE times in 12 hours! I ended up assisting the flight attendant during the turbulent flight because there were a bunch of guys (IMO they were babies) sitting in my general area who were afraid of flying. They all thought we were going to crash or something! I tried to keep them all calm. Midway refused to refund my $75 because the airport re-opened within half an hour of when my original flight was scheduled to arrive. Well, they lost a customer forever!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:58 PM

I'll be flying up to NYC on Delta -- find them more or less the same as the other major airlines.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:32 PM

GoTravel,
I'll admit I've never had a layover shorter than 50 minutes at ATL. I had a half hour connection at MSP recently so can relate to the OJ thing.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Dan

Heartburn3, Midway has been out of business since 9/11 so you get the last laugh here!
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:27 PM

Delta at LaGuardia Airport has a separate terminal from the main building. As you come into the airport you turn right off the ramp and the road will take you around to the Delta terminal. I have been flying Delta alot from NY to Atlanta over the last couple of years.

The only problem you may have is weather in the Atlanta area.

Have a good time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -