Daysinn Hollywood feed back

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daysinn Hollywood feed back

Anyone stayed at Daysinn Hollywood. I found it on a very good price, given that all I want for a motel is goos situation, to stay clean & safe, parking and A/C. We plan to spend the whole day here and there. Is it far from the beaches ? Thanks. Jaime . spain
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 05:59 AM

If it's the one on Hollywood Blvd. it's fine. It's owned and operated by a family who keep it clean and safe. The price includes a free continental breakast and there's a clean outdoor pool. Another plus is free parking and air conditioning. You can walk to Mann's Chinese Theater from there too. In the other direction is the Los Feliz section of LA which has some nice cafes. You can drive down Sunset to the beach and take in a few sights along the way. It's a good choice if you're looking for a decent place to sleep and there's someone in the office 24/7 who also checks on the property continuously.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 06:53 AM

The Days Inn on Hollywood Blvd. is located near Western Avenue and is not in the greatest location. There is however, one on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood that I think Merilee is thinking of. I would do the Sunset Blvd. location over Hollywood Blvd. There is a major difference in neighborhoods of each hotel. I believe the Sunset Blvd. location was just renovated.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 07:17 AM

As far as distance from beaches-- yes, it is far from the beaches. You're talking a good 20 to 30-minute drive. Sunset will take you there, and the drive is quite cool, but the road is VERY twisted through the Pacific Palisades area going down to the shore. There is a famous restaurant at the end of Sunset called Gladstones; stop there for a beer and some munchies and enjoy the views.

A faster route to the beach would be to run down to Olympic and follow that west all the way into Santa Monica, catching Colorado in the last mile so you end up at the Santa Monica Pier. It's still going to take a good 30 minutes.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 04:21 PM

Check www.biddingfortravel.com to see if you can get a better hotel on Priceline for what you are going to pay for a Days Inn.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:58 PM

I booked a three day stay at the Hyatt West Hollywood fo $50 per day plus tax on Priceline using Amazing-bargains.com. Go to the www.biddingfortravel.com to review what hotels people are bidding for in LA. It is a great web site. I have used it many times for hotels all over the country.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everybody ! In fact, I'm getting 50 $ a night for the Hollywood Bv Days Inn, on september. Sorry, but tried out bidinfor ... priceline ... and simply get lost screen after screen ! I still have time enough to book it, but this is very closer to what I'm looking for. Thank 'y again. By the way. Can two people sleep in a queen bed ? je je ! About the location, being here and there matters only a little, just because we will drive continuosly from here to there and again, what you gain here you loose there . . . Thanks. Jaime. Spain
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 06:52 PM

Jaime:

I hope you check this board again. I really wish you would change to the Days Inn on Sunset Blvd. They are doing construction next to the hotel on Hollywood Blvd. and the location is not that great. I think you could probably get a rate of $59 at the other one and it is so much nice. Enjoy your stay here in LA.