Day Trips from Cleveland

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Gabi

Day Trips from Cleveland

Hi, my friends and I go to school in Cleveland and we were looking for something fun to do over Labor Day weekend that we could drive to from here and not have to stay overnight. Any suggestions for places to go?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:13 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:01 AM
CF

You could go to Cedar Point or Six Flags. Cleveland Metro Zoo is supposed to be nice. Collega age would have more fun at Cedar Point tho with all their magnum coasters.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 06:51 AM
heather

If you have a car, you could go driving through Amish country-one destination is Millersburg which is about 2-3 hours south, or closer is Burton which is less than an hour west. There are bed and breakfasts down by Millersburg that are supposed to be nice, and there are lots of crafts/antique shops.

Don't forget that Niagara falls is only about 3 hours north on I-90. We were just there in July and it is breathtaking. We didn't get a chance to take the boat under the falls, as there was a long line on a Sunday afternoon, but supposedly the lines are shorter in the mornings and evenings.

I highly recommend the zoo. You can easily spend a day there.

We went camping at Geneva on the Lake-there is a state park and at the time we went they had campsites already set up so you did not have to bring tent or cooking supplies, just sleepingbags. There is a beach, golf, and a "strip" that was very touristy in a tacky retro 1950s kind of way.

Mohican State park is about 2-3 hours south, and they too have campsites already set up, and also you can stay in a wigwam. There is a lake, with watersports, etc.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:24 AM
cd

Put-in-Bay, (Lake Erie islands) you and your friends will love it!