Reload this Page >

Dallas Homewood Suites

Search

Dallas Homewood Suites

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Lisa

Dallas Homewood Suites

Does anyone have any info on the Homewood Suites in Las Colinas? They aren't rated by AAA, and before I reserve a room there, I'd like to get some feedback to find out if it's a good place to stay. Thanks for your help!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Dan

It's a nice modest property. Not fancy but certainly comfortable. Las Colinas is very clean but a little remote so there's not a lot going on at night. You'll want a rental car for sure!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Mike

If you are talking about the Homewood Suites at MacArthur Blvd. and Hwy 114, its in a nice location, with a couple of interesting new restaurants across the street. Specifically a Mexico City style cuisine restaurant, and a good Mongolian BBQ. Property itself is nice and modest. While there are some restaurants around the area that stay open late, you will have to go to Dallas or Ft. Worth for interesting stuff.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:41 AM
sandi

Plus, it's right around the corner from Las Colinas blvd. which has a fab Thai place called Thai Chili, and an Indian place just down from that. A block or so down in Junbeh, which is Japanese and there's an Italian cafe with fairly good food. So, at least you have some food options that are literally walking distance from the hotel. (I work blocks from there)

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Lisa

Thank you, Dan and Sandi! The location was something we were concerned about. We go to Dallas about once a year, but we usually stay at the Residence Inn on Stemmons Fwy. However, it's so noisy and the last time we were there, our room was dirty and the staff were not helpful. What do you think about the Embassy Suites near Richardson or the Residence Inn in Richardson? Are they nice? Thanks again for your help!

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Lisa

Thank you, Dan, Mike, and Sandi! The location was something we were concerned about. We go to Dallas about once a year, but we usually stay at the Residence Inn on Stemmons Fwy. However, it's so noisy and the last time we were there, our room was dirty and the staff were not helpful. What do you think about the Embassy Suites near Richardson or the Residence Inn in Richardson? Are they nice? Thanks again for your help!

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 10:24 AM
sandi

Is there any particular reason why you'd want to stay in the Las Colinas are, or other areas instead of finding a nice affordable hotel closer to or in Dallas? I can help you with one. Also, what sights do you want to see?

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Lisa

Thanks, Sandi. We just thought the Las Colinas area would be something different for us, but we'll be spending most of our time with friends in the Richardson area. Since we've been to Dallas so many times, we usually end up doing the normal things like shopping at Grapevine Mills or the Galleria, dining out with friends, etc. We're partial to the Marriott and Hilton hotel chains (cuz we get frequent flier miles). In other words, we're not hooked on any one area in particular, but we'd like to stick with Marriott or Hilton properties (we have a 9-year-old son, so having a suite with breakfast included is what we usually try to find).

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:22 PM
sandi

I don't do the mall thing very often, but thought you might enjoy some things to do downtown or in the vicinity. But it sounds like you've got it covered. Have fun.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:24 PM
sandi

By the way, the location of Homewood I'm talking about is the one at 114 and Rochelle, not MacArthur...just fyi