Search

Cruise vs. Land

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:47 PM
Eden

Cruise vs. Land

Hello,

I have a general question? Would you choose a Cruise or land getaway. I'm not a big watersports person, plus I've been on 1 Carnival 4 day cruise and honestly did not like it. DH is interested in going on a 7 day cruise but I'm very leary.. Our other choice would be Vegas. I LOVE Vegas and we both have such a good time there. Which would you choose? Plus Vegas is more economical (smile)...

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Sally

Honey, I love land vacations. Check out an all-inclusive resort. Maybe Jamaica or Cancun. Hawaii is gorgeous, but unfortunately not all-inclusive. Vegas is fun too. I would choose VEGAS!!!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:07 PM
Beth

You'd probably love a 7 day cruise IF you spent the money to find the right ship. But the great cruises (if you're particular) are very expensive.
Carnival is the Motel 6 of the seas.

I can find land and cruise vacations both which are great but you have to plan carefully to make the trip (hotel, sights, ship, itinerary) match your tastes.

So.....the answer to your question probably boils down to a question: what are your tastes and what is your budget.
If you are limiting yourself to a couple thousand dollars I'd say avoid cruises altogether. You won't find what you want if you're picky and you can do a great land vacation for that kind of money.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:21 PM
Eden

Thanks Beth.. I thought the same thing. I don't want to drop 2 grand on something I won't be happy with. The only cruise ship we were considering was Adventurer of the Seas or the Voyager ship. I'm still iffy on cruising period. Has anyone sailed on these ships?

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:30 PM
Duane

Is there even a doubt? VEGAS!! Now saying that we are going on a 4 day cruise in December just beacsue we don't have the time to get to Vegas.
Enjoy,
Duane

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:33 PM
Dd

I would choose the cruise 100 times out of 100. Vegas is okay (and just okay, in my opinion) but higher-end cruises give you the opportunity to do a lot more. Choose Celebrity if possible!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:38 PM
Cheryl

Although I have never been on a cruise, I don't think I would like it as much as going to one or two places and having fun exploring. You get more time on land to really get to know the area, food, people, etc. Just my opinion but everyone is different.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:11 PM
Cheryl

Sailed on Adventure of the Seas last March. WONDERFUL time! Beautiful ship, great room, great food, fun shore excursions. Most relaxing vacation I've ever had.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:21 AM
linda

Eden,
You cannot compare a Carnival 4-day cruise to the Voyager. Believe me, I've done both! Mu husband and I do several land trips a year, including one Caribbean, and cruise yearly as well.(We'll only do the really big ships now)This year, it will be the Navigator.There's just something about cruising that is so relaxing- never having to drive, being pampered, having the luxury of being close to your room always, watching the ocean drift by while you have breakfast, dancing under the stars..well you get it. Vegas is fun for a few days, but I found it loud,hot, bright and somewhat annoying.People were unpleasant at many places. Not so on a ship, where you're treated royally.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:27 AM
Jackie

Eden, for lots of opinions about specific ships, try www.cruisecritic.com and www.cruiseaddict.com