COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Cruise to Alaska with Princess

Old Apr 24th, 1997, 02:01 PM
Jake Velker

Cruise to Alaska with Princess

I am going on a cruise to Alaska in the summer. I will be traveling with Princess cruise lines. If you can give me any info POST A MESSAGE! THANK YOU

Old May 3rd, 1997, 01:13 AM
Rama

Be ready for quick stops in most of your ports. Iam asumming that you are going on the Southeast cruise covering Juneu,Sitka,etc if so pack for the very real possiblty of rain,nothing to drastic but enough to be anoying. I hope you enjoy our great state! The sealife and views will blow you away. It does me and Ive lived here for 30 years.

Old May 26th, 1997, 09:13 AM
Bob Bloom

Good luck with Princess. Hope that your luck was better than ours. We went on a 15 day Canal cruise and it was a disaster. We missed some ports as our engine failed. Worst of all was attempting to get any satifaction out of there customer service department after the trip.

Old May 29th, 1997, 04:12 PM
Phillip W. Cushman, M.D.

We took the Regal Princess from Vancouver to Anchorage in September 1995 and had a great time. Weather was a problem with rain several days cold winds and locals said time of year did not make much of a difference since rain was common. Regal Princess was an excellent ship with comfortable rooms--we took an inside room and still enjoyed it--and the food was excellent. The stage shows were good. I cannot really think of anything I would have changed. I think we received good value. Excursions are expensive but added to the enjoyment of the trip. I was very disappointed, however, with the Whitehorse and Yukon (I am not sure if I recall this name correctly) train ride excursion and would not repeat it. Something can always go wrong on any trip but I think you will enjoy yourself with Princess.

Old May 29th, 1997, 04:14 PM
Phillip W. Cushman, M.D.

We took the Regal Princess from Vancouver to Anchorage in September 1995 and had a great time. Weather was a problem with rain several days and cold winds and locals said time of year did not make much of a difference since rain was common. Regal Princess was an excellent ship with comfortable rooms--we took an inside room and still enjoyed it--and the food was excellent. The stage shows were good. I cannot really think of anything I would have changed. I think we received good value. Excursions are expensive but added to the enjoyment of the trip. I was very disappointed, however, with the Whitehorse and Yukon (I am not sure if I recall this name correctly) train ride excursion and would not repeat it. Something can always go wrong on any trip but I think you will enjoy yourself with Princess.

Old May 30th, 1997, 04:37 PM
rayna

We cruised to Alaska on the Star Princess a couple
of summers ago. It is a great vacation for kids and
teens as there is much wildlife to see. Take plenty
of cold weather gear as it gets very cold near the
glaciers. You'll need summer clothes for visiting
the towns. The food, service and entertainment on
the Star Princess were top-notch. My favorite
excursion was the White Mountain Pass train ride
that takes the same route as the gold prospectors
did. There is also a great helicopter scenic ride