Costco Travel Hotel Upgrade

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2023, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Hawaii next week and I was looking at my Costco Travel booking and noticed that in the hotel we are staying in in Kauai (Royal Kona) it is providing me a credit of $107 for choosing a ocean view room vs the current standard room. We are passed the cancellation period but we are just planning on upgrading the room since it is lot cheaper. Costco rep is telling me you "MAY" get hit with a 100% cancellation fee, but I cannot see how that is possible since all I am doing is upgrading vs cancelling or changing dates. I went through the process to upgrade and it gave me a new cost which was lower than what I paid... I did not hit confirm but keep thinking that they have no way to charge me the fee because it was posted as a lower amount. Anyone deal with the exact scenario and either ended up getting charged the fee or got lucky with the lower amount for a better room.
Old Dec 11th, 2023, 03:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Call the hotel before you commit (pay).

Old Dec 11th, 2023, 05:46 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors. DEFINITELY call the hotel and if they are willing do the upgrade without you cancelling and re-booking from scratch --- get it in writing!

This is not something that you can 'assume' works in your favor.