Reload this Page >

Coronado Springs at Disneyworld

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 1998, 12:17 AM
Kathy Bloom

Has anybody out there stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort at Disneyworld. We will be going in September and are thinking of staying there. Also what is the weather like in September. I am hoping it is not too hot!!! This will be our first time there!!!

Old May 26th, 1998, 08:25 AM
J. Lepine

I cannot help you with the Coronado Springs but we have stayed at the Caribbean and Dixie Landings which are in the same price range. We drove by the Coronado often when we stayed at the All Stars and it seemed to have a nice atmosphere. However, our first choice would still be the Caribbean Beach Resort for the atmosphere, the pool area and the beaches. No other resort in this price range has the white sand beaches. They now have a full service restaurant which they didn't have at the time of our visit and we really missed that. It is nice to sit down and not go through a service line once in a while. Make sure you get as much info on the parks before you go from the Disney address: www.disneyworld.com or by purchasing one of the many Disney travel books.

Old May 26th, 1998, 12:46 PM
c. Kyle

September is a great time to go to WDW. It's a little hot but this makes the water parks even more fun!! You will probably have an afternoon downpour but not to worry they only last a few minutes. Sometimes there are thunder and lightning and they will make you get out of the water at the water parks. Don't leave though. Most people do and this leaves the whole water park to you!! We tried to go horseback riding during this time but it was cancelled due to thunder and lightning. This is one of my favorite times to go to WDW. As for Coronado Springs, I would go for it. We have stayed at Dixi Landings and the All Star resort. We have checked out every hotel there except the Coronado (it opened after we left) We are going back in December this year and were going to stay there but unforturnately we live in Canada and our dollar compared to the u.s. dollar is low making it very expensive. We will be staying at the All Star Music again but intend on visiting Coronado Springs. The pool there looks terrific in brochures. As the person before me said, go to the library and get out ALL the guides you can on WDW. This will help you greatly and save you time there in the long run. It's also great fun to plan with your family and read about the rides and attractions. Have Fun!!! p.s. don't forget Universal Studios, It's a blast!!! If you have any other ? just email me. Cori.

Old May 27th, 1998, 03:47 AM
Scott Neat

I've heard from friends that have recently been there that the new Coronado Springs hotel is nice. I've stayed in the Carrabian Beach and the Dixie Landings Resorts which are in the same price range. I enjoyed both places. I believe you will have a great time. Staying at a Disney hotel is the only way to visit Disney World. Also, it'll still be hot in September. I would guess that the average high will still be near 90.

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 11:35 AM
Nancy Frank

My three children (13,10,8) and I stayed at the Coronado Springs in May of this year. The rooms are much like a Holiday Inn. It is very clean and new. They have 2 pools. The second pool has more activities, e.g., water slide for the kids, hot tub, sand volleyball, snack and beverage bar, public washroom and a pyramid waterfall. The facility lines a very nice lagoon. There are a few restaurants (one casual, one fancier). They offer beverage cups for a flat fee. Refills are then free for the duration of your stay.

The facility has three bus stops for transporting between the parks.

The Coronado Springs is close to most of the parks. The furthest park is Magic Kingdom.

We would highly recommend the Hotel and would stay there again if we ever get another chance.