Cooperstown - Film Development

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that the town is fairly small without all the frills of WalMarts, and so on. I'm researching a trip some friends will take and I wonder if anyone knows or would be kind enough to advise if there are any photo development places in the area. They wish to develop before they get on the plane, rather than take a chance ruining the film. Thanks.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 09:22 AM

Not really an answer to your question but I travel with film and you have the right to request (essentially demand) a hand inspection of all photographic film including disposable cameras and the TSA will comply. This only covers domestic travel. I'm a freak about travelling with my film and have never had to put it through a machine. If they're serious photographers that might be a safer option than leaving it in the hands of a random minilab.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 09:55 AM

There is a drug store one-hour photo place on the main street in Cooperstown (Wal-greens? CVS?).
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:25 AM

I made a call for you to one of their local businesses and they said there is a "Pioneer Photo" as well as other 24 hour photo development stores, depending on the kinds of pictures you wanted. If it's for 35mm development they said these would be fine. Good luck to your friends and I'll await the information you are so kindly searching for for me.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:28 AM

Actually there is a Walmart about 20 miles away. And just because it doesn't have a Walmart doesn't mean it's in the dark ages. There are any number of places for development included two of the grocery stores do it as well as all of the drug stores in town.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

I actually like Wal-Marts and Targets. I had been told there wasn't a Wal Mart for many miles and I was looking for a professional development store in the immediate area. Cira, thanks for making the call and for giving me the name of at least one of the photo shops. Thanks to all again.