Convertible Rental Deal for HI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just cancelled my reservation for a Jeep to rent a convertible. I was able to book it at the rate of $35.95 per day (fees not included) through an Alamo email special. It must be booked by January 31. I can't get to my email right now to get the code, but I will post it later.

I tried to book it on line and it did not work, so I was referred to their Internet help desk. She booked it for me at that rate.

I'll post the code later for anyone who might be interested. The rental only needs to be reserved by January 31, not used by then, as far as I know, as I am booked beyond the 31st of January.

DD
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Here is the link to the rental deal. It's good on most of the islands:

http://www.alamo.com/index.do?action...?msg=outofblue
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM

Please don't rely on the "price per day" when renting a car. These can be confusing and deceptive. GET THE FINAL TOTAL PRICE. Generally speaking, Alamo has the best prices, although they are away from the Honolulu Airport.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM

I just tried booking a convertible over the phone for a weekly rate (it didn't work online) and was told that the reservation must happen by Feb. 15 to apply. I called general reservations-is the internet help desk different?
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

I think it is different because the booking would not work on line for me or the agent/cs person I contacted via phone. She put me on hold when it would not work for her either and the next person who picked up answered that she was from the "internet offers help desk". She tried to book it also, on-line and was unsuccessful.

She did some kind of override for me and processed it for the $35.95 per day rate (fees, not included). I think the per week rate is somewhere around $177+change.

Regardless, I did receive the price quoted in their "January Out of the Blue" email special. I received another one today, identical, so this is still a good offer.

I suggest calling them back and telling them your problem, ask them to try to book the special and once they can't they will probably put you though to the same department that helped me. It seems to me that someone there in their IT department needs to get their code fixed!

Good luck,

DD
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:15 AM

I booked a Sebring convertible in Nov over the internet with Alamo for Maui at $205 a week.When we arrived, we decided not to take it just yet, because we spent an extra 2 days at the Ritz and didn't need it. When I called the local Alamo , they told me their rate was $259, and that they couldn't match the internet rate. They told me to rebook on the internet, which I did, and got the $205 rate again. cheers, Al