Contemporary or Polynesian

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we ( me,hubbie and 3yo)are looking for just 1 night at a monorail hotel oct 1st. We hope to be attending the mnsshp that night and as i've always wanted to try one of these hotels out i thought this would be a good time to try and alot easier to get back to from the party. On the day of the party we will be checking in early and just using the pool and hotel facilities not going to any parks, only for the mnsshp at about 5ish. My 2 choices are the contemporary or the polynesian, I can't decide and would like some extra info. The contemp has the building work going on on the north wing, is this a majour down side but we can walk back from the mk! I have heard that it is a bit impersonal and business like. The poly on the other hand sounds great and relaxed but we would have to get monorail to mk, will this be busy on a night, we would be leaving before park closes with having 3yo in tow. the rates i have found are the same for each hotel, what is your oppinion? oh and our main hotel stay is at pop for 2 weeks.
thanks for any info given
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 10:01 AM

I had some friends of mine who recently stayed at the Contemporary and said although it was nice, it was VERY noisy, even in the rooms with the monorail going right through the interior of the hotel. We have heard wonderful things about the Polynesian.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Check the accomocations section of www.allearsnet.com for good information on both resorts.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:05 AM

I have stayed at both places, and the Polynesian is a much nicer experience all around. If you are not leaving with the crowd at closing time, the monorail is no problem. You can also take a ferry back to the resort, which is kind of fun. The Contemporary is noisy and jangling to be in. The Poly is peaceful and relaxing.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Agree with the above post. Cont. is nice i.e. the monorail goes right through the hotel which is kinda cool to see but beyond that the Polynesian is so much nicer. It went through a major renovation in the past year and is very nice and extremely easy to get to MK via the monorail.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM

We stayed at the Contemporary in January (hotel was chosen for us). Given a choice, I would not have opted for the Contemporary. It is too much like a conference center compared to other Disney properties. The Polynesian, on the other hand, looks fun and inviting. There are nice walkways around the property and a lot for a 3yo to explore. I wouldn't be too worried about crowds on the monorail in October. Should be a great time to see Disney.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 03:57 PM

When our son was young, we stayed at the Polynesian, on the advice of friends who had been there, and we were very happy with that choice.

Now many years later, we always have dinner at the California Grill on the top of the Contemporary and I cannot imagine choosing to stay at that hotel. I know it is personal preference, but the atmosphere there, as a hotel, seems frenetic!!