Reload this Page >

Contemporary Hotel in Disney World

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:58 PM
lisa

Were planning a trip to Disney World in June. We've made reservations for the contemporary hotel concierge tower room. What are your experiences with this particular hotel?

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:52 PM
tom

my own opinion is that the Contemporary is too sterile in its appearance & theming. At Disney, I prefer to immerse myself in a more imaginative/whimsical environment, just doesn't seem the Contemporary achieves that.

if direct monorail access to the Magic Kingdom is important, the Grand Floridian & Polynesian both seem more inviting. The Wilderness Lodge is a boat ride away from the MK, and seems most appealing of all .. its small downside is that transport isn't nearly as convenient, a consideration if you have small kids and desire rapid, low hassle return to the hotel at mid-day.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:29 AM
Diane

We have stayed at both The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian--I actually preferred The Contemporary. If you do not have little children going to The Magic Kingdom--I would look at The Yacht Club near Epcot.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 06:08 AM
bennie

Hi Lisa - I've stayed at the Contemporary and enjoyed it. The rooms are large (though I did not stay in a tower room - I was in a wing room)and comfortable. I believe they have completely refurbished all or most of the rooms there. The location is very good if you are going to the Magic Kingdom. You can see the fireworks from the MK at night and you can see the electric water parade also. If your room doesn't give you a view you can go down to the beach. The pool is okay nothing too exciting. There is a large water slide with no theming going on.

One thing I like about the Contemp over the Beach Club and the Boardwalk Inn (also deluxe resorts) is that the Contemp has a food court area to pick up a quick breakfast or late dinner to go. With my young kids this was a real life saver for when they were too pooped to sit in a regular restaurant and its less dear than room service.

They say the concierge level rooms are great because of the extra service. Its my understanding that the staff there can make hard to get reservations for you and do little extras to make your trip special.

Check out the websites wdwinfo.com or wdwig.com. Both are excellent sources of info. None of the hotels are Disney are bad - its just a matter of finetuning to pick the one that will give you what you want.

Have fun.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 08:18 AM
me

A great choice.