Reload this Page >

Conference in Sacramento

Search

Conference in Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 1998, 06:19 PM
Diane

Conference in Sacramento

My husband has a conference in Sacramento, CA this summer. Anyone got any ideas as to if it is worth tagging along.

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 12:41 PM
Tara

Definitely (as long as you can stand hot weather). In addition to the Capitol, museums, theater, and outdoor nighttime dining in Sac itself, there are Gold Country wine tours, Napa, Tahoe, and San Francisco within short drives from the city.

Old Feb 21st, 1998, 12:18 PM
Theresa

Depending on your interests, Sacramento has one of (if not THE) best railroad museums.

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 09:44 PM
A.V.

Sacramento is a great jumping off point to Lake Tahoe (90 minute drive), the Napa Valley (60 minute drive), Yosemite (120 minute drive), or San Francisco (90 minute drive). Otherwise, be prepared for warm 90+ degree (but low humidty) weather.

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 12:15 PM
jj

I echo Theresa's and Tara's recommendations about Wine Country and the California State Railroad Museum. Old Sacramento (which is next to the museum) is by the Sacramento River, an historic area of downtown that's more tasteful than touristy.