Search

Condo in Maui

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2000, 04:58 AM
Judy

Condo in Maui

I have reserved a 2 bd/2 ba condo unit at the Shores of Maui with Leisure Properties. Has anyone had any experience dealing with this particular managing agent or can anyone tell me whether this would be a good place to stay? My family and I are planning on staying for 4 nights. They require the balance be paid 30 days in advance of our arrival. Is this the general practice when renting a condo on Maui? Please reply anyone. I will need to put a deposit down if I want to keep the reservation. Can anyone recommend any other condos in Maui? (preferably in Kihei or Lahaina) We are planning on vacationing in early August.

Old May 19th, 2000, 06:25 AM
Anna

Hi Judy,
We rented condos on Kauai and Maui on our vacation in April and both required payment in full 30 days before arrival, so it is common practice. In a way, it is nice not getting the bill when you get back! On Maui we stayed at the Noelani in Kahana, which was recommended by Frommer's. The units are oceanfront and they have 2 pools. The grounds we immaculate, here is a link to their website:
http://www.noelani-condo-resort.com/

Old May 19th, 2000, 10:55 AM
Lani

Judy,

I've done some research in my many Maui books for you regarding these specific condos. (By the way it is common to pay ahead for some property management companies and to individual owners, and I don't like that practice. At the very least, I want them to take a credit card so you have some recourse if you get there and find a mess. So I will only rent from groups that will take a credit card. I've never fully paid ahead for ANYTHING and been satisfied with it!)

Anyway, the question I'd have about these condos is why are they some of the cheapest in Kihei??? The location is convienient to restaurants and shops, you are only one and a half blocks from Kamaole Beach Park I which is great for swimming. But they are about 30 dollars a night cheaper than a lot of their neighbors for a 1 BR. If you expect to get what you pay for, that would bother me!

If you stay in Kihei that time of year, you MUST have air conditioning so be sure your condo does. In fact, in August, I would prefer the Napili area by far, if you are at all heat sensitive. It is usually about 10 cooler up in the Northern part of the island than down on that Southern part where Kihei is located. Napili Bay studios are reasonable, if you're interested.

Just some things to think about. Best of luck!

Old May 30th, 2000, 10:23 AM
Kellie

Judy,

We were in Maui last Septemper, and we stayed at a condo complex in Kihei called Kauhale Makai. We rented it through Maui Condominuim & Home Realty. Found it at www.vacationspot.com. They let us pay for the remaining portion upon arrival. Not a fancy place, but very nice and very reasonable. 2 bed/2 bath, oceanfront, nice pool area. Also, it had central a/c. I would go back in a heartbeat! Have fun!

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 11:19 AM
Yvonne

Judy: Just arrived home from Maui today. Stayed at the Outrigger Eldorado condos using the entertainment book rate. 2 queens + sofa, golf course, tennis, beach is 5 minute walk...so is Sheraton, Whalers Village. My 2 teens were overcome with disbelief when they saw how big the rooms were. They courtesy hold the room for 10 days from reserving date. We gave a credit card number up front, but weren't charged until checkout. Continental offers one-pass miles for staying here. $125