Notices

Commute into Philly

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Don

Commute into Philly

Where is an area with motels and close to transportation (bus or train 20 - 25 min) to downtown Philadelphia. We don't want to add one more confused car to the gridlock.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:01 PM
goNets

Try Haddonfield NJ. It's on the SEPTA train line, very quaint with a bunch of B&B's. I believe it's under 1/2 hr train ride.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:24 AM
jack

Haddonfield is not on the septa train line but the Patco hi- speedline which takes you into Philly and if you can't find any loding in Haddonfield try Cherry Hill plenty of hotels there and a short cab ride to the Patco line.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:20 AM
kmarie

Patco high-speed trains run frequently and the trip from Haddonfield to Center City Philadelphia will take about 15 minutes, with a few stops along the way. Parking at the station is free after 10 am; before 10, it's $1 (doller coin or quarters). There is a small lot that is free at all times but it fills quickly each morning.

http://www.drpa.org/patco/

If you are considering Cherry Hill for lodging, the area that is most convenient to the Haddonfield station is along Route 70. The Hilton is at Route 70 and Cuthbert Boulevard; Residence Inn , AmeriSuites, and Clarion (I think it's Clarion) are about two or three miles further east.

Enjoy your visit to Philadelphia!

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 11:56 AM
kmarie

Sorry. It's an Extended StayAmerica (not AmeriSuites).