Reload this Page >

Comments on these NYC Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:52 PM
rseva

Hi! I'll be going to NYC next month. Any comments on these hotels?
Broadway Inn Bed & Breakfast...Gershwin Hotel...Hotel Beacon...Larchmont...Comfort Inn, West Central Park? I've narrowed my choices to the above. Thanks for your input!

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 02:59 AM
rqF

Broadway Inn - In an article in the FEb. 5, 2001 issue of New York Magazine this place is listed in a category "Best Beds under $200. It is a 4 story walkup in a good location. www.broadwayinn.com
Gershwin - this is a hotel/hostel located on E. 27th just off 5th Ave. Strictly a c oommercial area busy during the day and quiet at night. Located about one mile south and east of Times Square and theater district.
Beacon - 75th and Broadway on the Upper WEst Side. This is a residential area.
Located 1 1/2 miles due north of Times Square and theater district. Excellent subway/ bus transportation very convenient. Great area for walking around with lots of restaurants. Have read a number of favorable comments about this place.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 03:14 AM
rqf

This is a continuation of my previous note.
Larchmont on W. 11th near 5th Avenue. This is Greenwich Village. Near Washington Square Park and NYU. Nice area for walking and people watching. Recall reading a post about this place that was favorable. Certainly convenient if you intend spending much of your visit in Greenwich Village. Subway transportation is available but there is a bit of a walk from the hotel.
Comfort Inn - This place has become a Comfort Inn fairly recently - it isn't listed in my 2000 Yellow Pages so am not sure of address. Have heard mention of it and I believe it is just off Central Park West in the 70's. Central Park a short distance away. Also the Upper WEst side but this is strictly residential. Subway transportation is available on Central Park West or you could walk to Broadway, a five minute or so walk.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 04:58 AM
Owen O'Neill

Broadway Inn - very convenient location but is a 4 story walkup - if you have a problem with stairs be forewarned. Might be a noisy location but it has recieved many favorable comments in this forum. The Gershwin - hip and cool but look it up in the rants and raves section of this forum to draw your own conclusions about whether you'd chance staying there. Larchmont has a good reputation as a moderate priced hotel. I have no knowledge of the Comfort Inn.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Victor

Does the Larchmont have any private (in-room) bathrooms?

Thanks-