Reload this Page >

comments on them parks, just got back

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:15 PM
Jeff

I stayed at Summersfield suites, Lake Buean Vista area. (rated on Fodors). Convenient location. We went to Busch Gardens, first time..and think well worth the trip. I think the coasters (Montu and Kumba) were better than those in Island of Adventures.
We went on Friday, and on Monday..and didn't wait in line very long for anything. There was a section where my seven year old could ride several rides as well. The water rides were good..very good, although I give the IOA water rides the edge.
We hit IOA Sunday morning when it opened, rode EVERY Ride we wanted, including Spiderman, the two coasters, all the water rides..befor noon...next to no waiting.
Conversely...every time we tried Universal Studios, it was crowded. We waited in line..FOR EVERYTHING we did...it was worst than Disney. My biggest gripe with Universal, the waits were two long, for rides..too short. There seemed to be no good or off day to go. (we tried Thursday, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
I really recommend Busch however, very nice park..lots of people, but lines are bad..or weren't when we went.
Seaworld was nice, but we went two years ago,..don't go on the weekend...much better early week (Tuesday/Wed)..crowd wise.
We skipped Disney this year..no political comment here, just park preference.
My kids, 7,10, 13..and we the parents..had a blast, aside from the long lines at Universal. I liked Universal, but having seen everything two years ago, would not wait in line for anything with over a 25 minute wait.
Men in Black (at Universal was good, but broke twice while we were there) One time after my son and I had waited for 30 minutes, and were inside the building. (it stayed down for nearly an hour and a half)
Bottom line, we had the most fun..at IOA and Busch, but did enjoy rides at Seaworld/Univeral..and had a blast overall.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:20 PM
marie

Sounds super, Jeff - how was the weather?

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 09:49 PM
Jeff

RE: weather
Rained Thursday, Friday, Monday (severe on Friday)..but usually hit around 3:00 PM. I thought it very hot, as the day progressed. The last day we went to Sea World, and I was so hot I was miserable. Keep in mind, I'm accustomed to a hot climate. However, we survived.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 09:34 PM
Carrabella

Dear Geoff,
Please, what is IOA?
And would you suggest Busch for two middle aged Aussies in December?
Thanks

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 11:10 PM
johnny

Jeff,
We are from England and returned from our 7th trip in May.
I agree about IOA, we had a flexticket and got on every ride whenever we wanted. We loved the water rides and Spiderman. Universal always seemed busier, we think it could do with some new rides, 'Lucille Ball'? does anybody visit this attraction?
Sea World is always worth a visit, great in the evening. Disney, we only did MK, our little boy went on all the kiddie rides first thing but it was too crowded in the evening.
When you have a young 4 year old, it is difficult getting on all the rides because we are trying to get HIM on everything. Fastpass at Disney works, we couldn't believe the number of people waiting for Splash mountain, we just used FP and went straight to the front.
Can't wait for next year....

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 08:36 PM
Jeff

Carrabella,

IOA,that's Islands of Adventure.
As Busch Gardens...never been there in December, but I certainly enjoyed it. I'm either at, or fast approaching middle age. <grin> I thought the park had something for everyone in the family.