Columbia Gorge Express or other Gorge shuttles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2024, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traveling to Oregon first time from Chicago in August 2024 flying into Portland. Since arriving in busy afternoon on a Sunday and renting a car and staying at Best Western Hood River Plus, we thought we’d wait until next morning to see some of the Gorge falls. Been reading about limited parking and the timed allowance for Multnomah. I wondered if anyone has used the Columbia Gorge Express or the Sasquatch Shuttle?
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 07:55 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ljm3
Traveling to Oregon first time from Chicago in August 2024 flying into Portland. Since arriving in busy afternoon on a Sunday and renting a car and staying at Best Western Hood River Plus, we thought we’d wait until next morning to see some of the Gorge falls. Been reading about limited parking and the timed allowance for Multnomah. I wondered if anyone has used the Columbia Gorge Express or the Sasquatch Shuttle?
Since you are renting the car at the airport and heading out east on I-84, just pull in to the parking for Multnomah Falls that is in the median (left exit). If the parking lot is full you go straight through and get back on I-84 and go to your hotel. The next morning take the old highway back to the west and see a lot of other waterfalls before you get back to Multnomah Falls. There is access to the interstate median parking from the westbound side also. There is a walking tunnel under the eastbound lanes to get to the foot of the falls. There is a paved path to the top of the falls.