Reload this Page >

Colorado Hotel, Glenwood Springs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 07:14 AM
Gloria

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs? Would like opinions as to whether it is a good place to stay. Thanks!

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 09:02 AM
Bly

Gloria - I've never stayed in the hotel but I've been by it a thousand times. Its a big, grand old hotel. I'm guessing from the turn of the century - just a guess. You could probably have the hotel send out a brochure on the rooms and the hotel itself. The hot springs are just out the back of the hotel - pool, hot spring pool, water slides, etc. Just on the other side is a "spa" where you can get massages, facials, etc. Glenwood is small so a walk or short drive to restaurants, hiking (Doc Holliday's grave) is within a couple minutes. b

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 11:25 AM
Ann

Gloria, my husband and I stayed there two summers ago. It is old and gracious. The service was excellent. The room was old (not fancy...but I don't know about all the rooms). To tell you the truth, I can't remember the price (if it was expensive or just average). We enjoy staying at these old landmarks, so I guess we put up with a little dinge. Location was excellent and we walked everywhere in town. Bly is right, you should contact them and get information.

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 06:17 PM
Marcia

Although I haven't stayed at the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs, I recently received a brochure from them. The hotel is a National Historic Landmark and opened in 1893. Their rates seem very reasonable. Right now in high season a double room is $80 weekdays, $89 weekends. They also have a variety of suites, ranging in price from $120-375. Their 800 number is 800-544-3998. Hope this helps!

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 09:20 PM
gb

The Hotel Colorado is a great place to visit-old, hostoric, and has a few risdient ghosts. It's Sunday brunch is excellent. But except for a few renovated suites, most of the rooms are rather old, and not special. We enjoy sleeping at the more modern Hot Springs Hotel, next door for a few less dollars, and reduce rate to the hot springs, and then have breakfast or brunch at the hotel.