Search

Cold Restaurants in Florida

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2005, 02:32 PM
pad
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold Restaurants in Florida

why are they so cold?we've just returned to the UK from sunny Florida which was marvellous.The service and standard of food was super(huge portions)but my wife and kids always found the air con too cold.

PS : For the guy who was complaining about the price of gas at the shell station on the A1A at sunny isles beach ($3.29/gal)I filled up my ford mondeo about the same size as a taurus and it cost $6.65/gal.
Old May 6th, 2005, 02:34 PM
pad
Original Poster

Sorry that was $2.29/gal
Old May 6th, 2005, 02:36 PM

Riddles...I love them!

The restaurants are so cold in Florida because it is sooooo hot outside!

Seriously, I agree with you pad -- I always carry a sweater along for that very reason.
Old May 6th, 2005, 03:20 PM

I think it is for the same reason that restaurants in London,Paris and NYC overheat in the winter..they just turn it up all the way! But, having just moved here from NYC, I remember that they overchill in the summer too!
We carry sweaters whenever we go to movies or restaurants.(in Fl
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Hi pad, here in the southern end of the Sacramento Valley (CA) I have the same complaint. It can be in summer over 100 degrees, so one dresses accordingly. Walk into a supermarket, a restaurant etc. and you start shivering from the airconditioning. What is that all about? Especially when we are all advised to be aware of energy use. A puzzle for sure.
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:55 PM

We like to pretend we have a winter.
Actually, it is soo bad when the a/c breaks, I think places overcompensate but glad you liked Florida.
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:08 PM

Whenever I visit my grandparents in Florida, I think I am the only one who runs around in long sleeves and long pants, I freeze!!

I am not a fan of airconditioning. Probably because I am always cold. I went to a wedding tonight and it was so cold in there you could have hung meat.

I am going to florida the end of May. I will be packing pants and a couple of cardigans.
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM

I have to agree with coldwar. We have to pretend we have seasons. We usually end up turning the air down to about 65 on Christmas day so that we can get away with wearing pajamas all morning and not sweating.
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:54 PM

maybe they have forgotten to make ajustments because there's no smoking in Florida restaurants anymore. LOL just joking.

Florida restaurants are always cold. I think it has a lot to do with the people that work in the restaurants. They aren't cold because they are running around.Also, when the building fills up with people it can get hot real fast.

Definitely a good idea to bring extra layers.
Old May 7th, 2005, 06:34 AM

pad, glad you had a good time here. I am also not a great fan of aircon...today it is a brilliantly sunny low humidity day...high today around 80*. We have the house all opened up and can feel the cool ocean breezes here. A lot of water front restaurants here don't need to turn on the air for a while yet. Last night we ate at Season 52(which was brilliant BTW) and the aircon was just right IMO.