Reload this Page >

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Search

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 05:49 AM
gloria

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Has anyone stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho? If so, would you recommend it? Is there a good view of the lake or river? Would one or two days be recommended for this area? Thanks!

Old Dec 15th, 1999, 01:13 PM
SR

This reply is probably far too late for you. The Rodeway is a town motel - no view, but nice enough. Lake C d'A is a big lake; lots of water sports and beautiful boating. Hiking is close as is a historical mining district. For a small town it has several good restaurants. If you want a view, try the C d'A Resort.

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 07:00 PM
rose

The Coeur D Alene resort is an outstanding place to stay. Top of the line luxury accomodations, golf and dining. For a less expensive alternitive stay in any of the small motels on Sherman Ave downtown. The downtown is quaint and there are many great places to eat. To get a real feel for North Idaho hospitality stay downtown. There are a number of hotel/motel chains on Appleway. Clean and convienent to the freeway but no atmosphere. We vacationed here for 10 years before we retired here to our lake home. It's such a wonderful place to visit and live! Be sure to hike Tubbs Hill for a beautiful view of the town and the lake.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 06:26 AM
gloria

I just noticed I got some replies to my message from last June re: Rodeway Inn, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. We did wind up staying at the Rodeway for 2 days and thought it was excellent. It did not, of course, have a view of the lake, but the price range fit my pocketbook better. This is a beautiful area and want to return some day.

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 11:34 AM
Kay

I'll be heading there in April for a meeting the second half of April. It seems to be too late for skiing, but how will the hiking trails be? Other suggestions for activities and sights that time of year?

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 11:52 PM
Sara

I used to want to see Idaho when I was a child but my husband says no to our family ever visiting there. Especially this Coeur d'Alene place as he has read in many publications that Coeur d'Alene and other parts of Idaho are havens for large groups of Neo-Nazis and he says no Jewish people would be safe if they visited Idaho and especially Coeur d'Alene. He also says it would not be safe for people of color either or gay or lesbians. In pictures it looks so pretty but it is filled with neo-Nazis so beware.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 03:38 AM
Idaho

There is some element of truth to what Sara says. It is a beautiful area but there are some strange people that do not take kindly to strangers.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:04 AM
ThereNoMore

The last two posters sound like they are,accurately, describing Oregon. At least East of the Cascades. Strange people. I don't know much of the Northern half of Idaho but people in the Southern half are nice and I have had great times there,camping, fishing, etc.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 09:25 AM
J T Kirk

There are nuts everywhere.
I think Idaho is a great place to vacation. I wouldn't go around pretending to be an FBI or ATF agent, but other than that, Idaho is a fun place.

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 08:17 AM
idaho

Southern Idaho and Northern Idaho are two completely different places. The folks in southern Idaho are reasonably decent and civilized. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for those in the northern part of the state.

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 10:28 PM
glena

I have never read this board before, but being a south Idaho native and a north Idaho transplant, I could not believe what some people were saying about the people in North Idaho. Yes, there is a small group of Neo-Nazis around the area, but they just lost their compound in a court battle and Coeur d Alene has bent over backwards to show that Idaho is NOT a haven for hate groups and no one of any race or religion would be in any more danger here then anywhere else. Maybe instead of making unfounded accusations, you should come see how beautiful the scenery and the people of North Idaho are.

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 12:23 AM
xxx

One of the reasons it's so wonderful is because the residents are largely homogeneous!

Why is it that every time a nice town appears in America, the Jews, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and other immigrants flock to it and force the whites to move again? Is it a crime to want to be homogeneous and maintain a certain quality of life, one that is not overrun with the cheap, immigrant Third World labor that the wealthy/corporate world would wish to impose upon the middle class, while at the same time expecting them to pick up the tab for all the social services they are too cheap to provide, like health benefits? When will it be O.K. to say, NO, I do not want my taxpayer money to fund this cheap labor so the wealthy can grow even wealthier? Or have they brainwashed everyone by now to think that it is "racist" or "politically incorrect" to voice dissent? This is the reason for the American phenomenon known as "white flight."

Idaho, good for you, stand your ground. European nations are doing it, and they have a higher standard of living to show for it. Don't be steamrolled by U.S. corporate greed.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 12:53 PM
ben

I have to say that as gay male traveling from liberal WI to Idaho was a bit scarry at first but the people were great. Not once did my friends and I experience stares, coldness or hostility. Its just like traveling to a big city, use your common sense. If you enter a small town that makes you uncomfortable, take off. Also remember that we are all children of this earth and Idaho is our land as much as it is the neo-nazies and we have every right to travel it.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Kate

I don't consider myself a "child of this earth".
The earth didn't spawn me.
I was created.
And I respect my Creator for that.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Tony Hughes

Bo Gritz and his 'Almost Heaven' mob really are in the minority. Given a lot of column inches as the 20th century came to an end, their bluff has been called so to speak.

I thought Coeur D'Alene was a small, sleep town on a pretty lake, a cute Main Street (with one too many hippie store, though). True, there aren't many blacks or hispanics there but that can apply to many areas of the States.