Club Quarters Downtown

Nov 21st, 2003, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Club Quarters Downtown

Has anyone stayed in/heard anything about Club Quarters Downtown. We have reservations in Dec.
Any good restaurants around there.
Oh, one more thing, aren't most Broadway shows closed Monday nights?
Nov 21st, 2003, 11:09 AM

I've never stayed there, but many of my colleagues stay there when in town, and they say it's fine. Not luxurious, but clean and comfortable, and they've had no complaints. As for restaurants, give me an idea of what you like and price range, and I'll give you some suggestions. As for shows, many are closed Mondays, but around holiday time some of them do add shows, so just check the theatre listings.
Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:59 PM

I'm not sure how helpful this is since my info is so dated...nevertheless:

My parents stayed there several years ago. The hotel was just fine (though the bathroom was really tiny). It's located far downtown, in the Wall St./financial district. They liked being able to walk to the NYSE, Battery Park, etc. However, I think there are far fewer restaurants there than in other parts of the city. Also, the area is slow on the weekend, at least for NYers. There are tourists sightseeing, but there are not NYers out and about.

I believe most B'Way shows are closed Mon. nights and, recently, have seen some closed Tuesdays as well.
Nov 22nd, 2003, 05:47 PM

I've never stayed there, but I work in the neighborhood and one drawback is that there is NOTHING open on weekends. Probably the only restaurant/deli in the area that will be open is Starbucks on Wall Street. It can also be very difficult to get a taxi in that area after 5 pm on weekdays or on the weekend.
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:00 PM

Yes, my wife and I stayed there several years ago. The rooms are small and the bathroom really tiny. It wasn't as clean as we prefer. The big problem is that you are so far away from mid-town and the great night life. There is subway access right on the corner. You are virtually across the street from Wallstreet. Not a bad hotel for the price if you got it through Priceline.