Search

Club Quarters ??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 08:51 AM
Sara

Club Quarters ??

My husband and I just booked a reservation through Priceline.com for a hotel in Boston. They have put us at a place called Club Quarters, which we have never heard of!

Can anyone out there tell us about this place? There is no web site or other information.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 01:45 PM
Sheryl

When you do a search for Club Quarters at http://www.google.com, the following websites are returned for their Boston location:

http://www.boston4less.com/clubquarters.html

http://boston.hotelguide.net/data/h100108.htm

Yours is the second winning bid I've learned about through Priceline this week where that hotel was assigned. Did you bid 2 star or 3 star?

Club Quarters are subsidized by Fortune 500 companies to provide accommodations to their out of town workers during the work week. The hotel is only available to the general public on weekends and holidays.

Since you are a Priceline bidder, you may be interested in the board I host to discuss bidding at:

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 07:08 AM
Sara

I bid 3 star. Thanks for your informative response! We'll give a follow up to this posting after our stay at Club Quarters and let you know how it was! =o)

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 10:33 AM
Kay

We booked them through an on-line service last year. It's on a side street with restaurant attached. Desk clerks were nice. Room was very small with 2 twin beds, window that really opened, and very small bath. All furnishings were fine and the place very clean.

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 01:40 PM
kellie

i stayed at the one in NYC...do not ever stay there...terrible experience. cold water in the showers, small room (think dorm room, i am not kidding). i have no idea about the one in Boston though...

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 02:24 PM
nino migoya

Hi- I stayed at the Club Quarters in Boston last year and other than the fact that it is very small, it is not bad. The location is good, the room was clean and furnishing were pretty new. If you're looking for a big room, you'll be disappointed but if you got a good price and just want a nice, convenient place to stay, you'll be happy.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 09:53 PM
Sara

Here is the follow-up I promised regarding Club Quarters-Boston,and use of Priceline.

Club Quarters was one of the worst places we have ever stayed! As a matter of fact, we called Priceline the next morning, (waited for 15 minutes for a response), demanded a refund, and checked into the Le Meridien that same morning.

Club Quarters offered TWO very thin towels, torn sheets on the bed, carpet needed cleaning or replacement, scarred furniture, and cramped quarters with a small shower.

Dealing with Priceline is a crap shoot! Once you place your bid, there is no turning back. You are not given the opportunity to reject the accomodations named. Furthermore, your credit card is charged the instant they advise you of an accomodation that meets the criteria you submitted. We will not use Priceline again. Instead we will rely on the AAA books.

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 04:58 AM
Amy

Sara,
I have stayed at the Club Quarters in Boston, NY and Washington many times. I travel a lot for work and my company uses these hotels. I have had different experience than the others. The rooms are small!! 3 star is a stretch, but I have always found them to be clean and have never had a poorly furnished room. Keep in mind, these are corporate hotels and not meant for luxury travel. That is why the prices are so cheap for weekends. $79.00 per night in mid-town Manhattan!

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 07:15 AM
wantmore

Sorry, Amy, but I don't buy your implied theory that it's okay to put up with lousy accommodations as long as they are cheap!
Also, the fact that you haven't had as bad an experience with this hotel chain is hardly comfort to someone who has had problems!
Sara, I'm sorry you had a lousy experience. But, thanks for sharing it with and forewarning us both about the hotel and Priceline.com!

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 10:26 PM
Katie

After striking out with all the online booking services and Priceline two weeks prior for spending a Friday night in Boston, following the Bastille Day dinner at Maison Robert in Boston this past Friday night, I booked Club Quarters through hoteldiscounts.com. The rate, by the way, was, curiously, less than I had bid at Priceline. Go figure! At the time, I had no idea the Tall Ships were "in town". Hence, the difficulty of finding a room for that particular night. Not only was Club Quarters perfectly located for our endeavors (short walk to Maison Robert and around the corner from the piano bar at Le Meridien where we were headed after), it was located on a safe and attractive street (with the gorgeous Stock Exchange building on one corner across from beautiful and pleasant Winthrop Square, where the parking garage was located) with a "hot" nightclub and convenient restaurant for breakfast right next door. It's also a convenient walk from Faneuil Hall and the Waterfront. Our "standard - for one or two people" room was well appointed and spacious enough - with windows that opened. Housekeeping could not have been more meticulous. The bathroom, while "efficient" was large enough. Hot water was instant, plentiful, with fabulous water pressure. Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and we appreciated the security. Room key required to get in and even operate the elevator. In that the Tall Ships were in town, we checked out the following morning and put our luggage in the car in the parkig garage, then set out for the festivities. First, we purchased tickets for a Tall Ships cruise on Mass Bay Lines. Then, we enjoyed a fabulous lunch at the newly opened Legal Seafoods right next to the Boston Aquarium. Then, we wandered the wharfs where the Tall Ships were docked. After a magnificent hour and a half cruise around all the Tall Ships, including a long pause by the JFK, we walked back to the parking garage to relieve ourselves of lots of our "stuff", the cameras and binoculars, before heading back to the waterfront for dinner (a "fisherman's platter for my husband and my annual steamed lobster dinner). From there, we walked over to Commodore's Landing and purchased tickets for "ringside" seats to the Fireworks Extravaganza. It was worth the price of admission for the chairs. The "extravaganza" was preceded by a magnificent concert by the Air Force Band. And, the fireworks were, indeed, spectacular. For 45 minutes. In your face and positively breathtaking. Afterward, we walked back to the Winthrop Square Garage and drove home. All in all, Club Quarters worked out perfectly for us. It's well located (with a "T" stop a few blocks in either direction, or a convenient walk to other destinations). We were very pleased with the room. The beds and the pillows were VERY comfortable. So comfortable, we enjoyed one another upon awakening then slept another two hours before getting up. And, the "climate control" was superb. Not to mention the wonderful breezes from the open windows! Note also that the rooms are very, very quiet! We "weekend" in Boston very frequently and , while Club Quarters "comes up" often on web inquiries, we had't "heard of it" previously, either. And, were reluctant to give it a try. Due to the short notice of my booking, and that it was a busy weekend, we could not have gotten more lucky. Especially after Priceline came up with nothing, then hoteldisounts grabbed us a room for less than my bid. We were thrilled with the price, and pleased with the accomodations and service. The location was most convenient. The furniture in our room seemed brand new, the bedding, carpet, and drapes were just fine, and we even enjoyed all the photos and paintings on the wall. All in all, just fine. Again, our bed was really, really, comfortable!

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Diane

hmm. Looks like this is one of those places where you takes your chances! I stayed at a hotel in Manhattan earlier this year where I rode the elevator up with a couple of ladies who were in the process of "moving elsewhere". They told me how horrible their room and bath was. With great misgivings I went on to my room. When I opened the door I found a sparkling, newly furnished, carpeted, wallpapered, small but perfectly stay-able room. Even the tiny bathroom had recently been tiled and outfitted with new fixtures. Go figure. Guess karma was on my side that night!