Search

Clothing Optional

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 1999, 02:51 PM
Jorge

Clothing Optional

Can anyone suggest resort destinations in the U.S. where clothing is optional? Preferably a beach location. If there's an option, we'd prefer a location geared more towards couples and families.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:12 AM
joey

Maybe you should consider saving some money to buy clothes before picking a vacation spot.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:23 AM
wala

I hope Joey is just being funny in his response. While I personally don't know of any clothing optional resorts, I think that Jorge was asking a perfectly legitimate question.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:38 AM
Dick

You may have to choose. I'm not aware of any US clothing optional resort that has a beach(meaning ocean beach).

One possibility is to stay in a resort that is not clothing optional and commute to a beach.

Suggest you try this link for more info.
http://www.naturist.com/network/

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 09:13 AM
Monica Richards

The only places I know of like that are in Jamaica. It's probably just a cheap to go there than the US anyhow, and you don't need a passport (although you do need to carry your original birth certificate if you don't have a passport so getting a passport is probably a good plan).

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 01:10 PM
John

Torrey Pines State Beach in LaJolla, CA is clothing optional. It is also known as "Black's Beach". The county beach adjacent to the state beach has begun cracking down on nudists, but the state beach is still taking a live and let live approach.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 02:48 PM
ilisa

Believe it or not, there is an Association of Nude Recreation in Washington, DC. You may want to contact them.

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 06:31 AM
dan woodlief

Maybe someone from Florida can help more with this one? I have heard that on some Miami area beaches, you can get away with nudity. I saw a news report on it a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they are getting stricter about it though, and you have to watch for the police.

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 08:38 AM
susan

There are a couple of clothing-optional bed and breakfasts in Key West but I don't know their names...

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 09:57 AM
stosh

Just ran across this article yesterday and I think will point you in the right direction , so to speak. www.lupin.com.

Old Oct 27th, 1999, 10:05 AM
Mike

I was going to recommend you contact the Lupin Society but I see someone has already found that. Remember to use sunblock very liberaly!