Reload this Page >

Clothes for Maui next week, evenings?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2001, 11:37 AM
cindy

does it get cool enough at night to wear a long sleeved shirt or sweater in the next week? have a feeling I'm going to pack wayyyy tooo much stuff for only a week.
Thanks.

Old May 7th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Suzie

I've been to Maui twice during April. Don't remember wearing a sweater or long sleeves. I do remember packing way too much though! Hey you gotta fill that suitcase with something!

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:03 PM
scigirl

You might want a very lightweight long sleeve shirt or cardigan. Some restaurants are over air conditioned - and occasionally it gets 'chilly' (below 75 degrees). If you plan to do sunrise on Haleakala then you will want winter clothes because it is about 35 degrees before the sun comes up, and not much warmer afterwards.

Enjoy your trip.

Old May 9th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Olicia

Just came back from Maui and the nights were warm, it can never hurt to have a sweater on hand,in case you feel cool from being out in the sun all day. The most important thing to keep in mind is DRESS CASUAL. I took all these slack outfits for my husband and I and were wore them one night, felt overdressed, and lived in shorts from then on. Have fun.

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:05 PM
sm

It can also be very windy and chilly. One time we had to buy sweatshirts b/c we were freezing. If I were you I'd be prepared ahead of time.

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:09 PM
cindy

it doesn't look like the trip is happening, and if it does I go alone. i'm very bummed. see other thread. thanks for the info.