Reload this Page >

The truth about the foliage this year

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Donna

It's a week or more late; it's not as vibrant as it usually is, with exceptions. As one Boston TV weatherman said this morning, "It's bizarre this year. In areas where you expect color, it's green; in areas where you expect it to be green, it's glorious."

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:00 AM
pam

I live in Pa. I have been amazed how late it is into fall and the trees are still green for the most part. We were up around New Hope last week-end. I had remarked this to my husband. I think (my theory) because the temp. has remained so warm. I hope they begin to change soon.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:12 AM
FallColors

This just means they'll change later.

They have some frost in parts of Massachusetts, so I don't know if they'll change there at all.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Paul Rabe

No need to guess:

http://www.weather.com/activities/re...on/fallfoliage

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:44 AM
aimee

come to minnesota.. it is beautiful!!!!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Mary

For what it's worth, I recently heard on the news that the drier the summer, the more vibrant the autumn leaves are.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:36 AM
ParrotMom

Looking out my windows west of Route 495 trees are green, but driving further west yesterday on Route 9 foliagehas turned...go figure MotherNature

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 08:39 AM
tweedy

....and last weekend we went to the beach on Long Island, beautiful 80 degrees,......

This morning, I noticed the trees out our windows are changing on the upper west side, heading downtown today and will look for changes in Central Park to report. IF you are going to be in NYC, a must see is the view of Central Park from the top of the Met Museum, especially in the fall.

tweedy

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Nina

I just returned last night from one day trip to New Hampshire. Fantastic displays. Route 302 east all the way from Littleton and also 93 near Franconia Notch. What a place to spend a gorgeous day

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:06 AM
hiker

Yeah Nina!
I live in Boston,

but my heart lives in those colorful mountains around franconia notch.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Nina

Before noon as we drove Mt. Washington was hidden in the low clouds but a few hours later it was so clear with a blue sky and little white clouds here and there. I wish I had more time to do some hiking but at least we took a long walk. It was a perfect day for hiking in White Mountains

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Melissa

Everything here on Cape Cod is green without a hint of color.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 01:53 PM
lisa

How about VT? I am heading to Manchester, VT in 2 weeks and hope that the leaves won't be completely gone!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 02:35 PM
xx

Normally, 2 weeks from now in Vermont it is officially "stick" season. The leaves are pretty much gone and the snow hasnt arrived yet. However, this year, foliage seems to be a little behind schedule, but I wouldnt expect that you'll see tons of color.