Search

clementine or lupa?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 03:48 PM
lauren

clementine or lupa?

We are seeing Blue Man Group in NYC and have dinner reservations afterwards.....which would be the better choice: Lupa or Clementine?

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 04:08 PM
Caitlin

Well, right off I'd say Lupa, but I read your other post where you mentioned plans to go to Babbo. Not that Babbo and Lupa are the same (for one thing, Babbo's much more expensive), but given that they're both Mario Batali-interpreted Italian, Clementine might give you more variety in type of food, if that matters to you.

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 05:38 PM
lauren

that's a good point about getting more variety. I wondered about that. I'm also trying to decide about Babbo or Becco realizing that Becco is more convenien to the theatre. thanks so much for your help.

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 08:01 AM
Caitlin

On the Babbo/Becco question, I guess you'll have to decide whether you want a great meal squeezed a bit to fit your time frame (though it might not feel as squeezed if you start early and they know your situation well ahead of time) or a good meal convenient to the theater.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 05:16 AM
Lori

I ate at Lupa 2 weeks ago and thought it was absolutely horrible. The service left alot to be desired - I thought the staff quite rude, the food was so so(frou frou Italian), oversalted, and overpriced. I think you can do better elsewhere.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 01:02 PM
Ellen

Hi,
If you are seeing Blue Man, there are several restaurants right on that block. Save some money on cabs and enjoy the food right in the neighborhood. Check out Belgo (Belgian mussels and too many beer types to mention). Or Riodizio. All you can eat Brazilian Barbeque. Or Serafina. Beautifully decorated Italian. For more casual - NoHo Star has the best burgers in the city, & quite an assortment of vietnamese/asian/infusion type food. Or the Time Cafe - a bit to healthy for me, but fun.