Reload this Page >

Clearwater Beach hotels

Search

Clearwater Beach hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Susan

Clearwater Beach hotels

Looking at several hotels. Only staying few days so want a beachfront hotel on gulf with amenities, good swimming, restaurant, tiki bar. Walking distance or trolley to restaurants, shops. Looking at Hilton Clearwater Beach, Clearwater Beach Hotel, Shephards, Adams Mark. 4 sisters in 30s-40s looking for some fun! You may email me personnally at [email protected]

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 07:22 PM
graetz

adams mark,completely remodeled and great location

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 08:02 PM
Cathy

Susan.....I agree that Adam's Mark is the best choice. While I haven't been to Clearwater Beach in a few years, I went for 20+ years without fail so I know what I'm saying. The location is nice, especially if you enjoy long walks on the beach, watching boats come in, and a tiki bar with the steel drum music. Have fun!

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 11:14 AM
meep

definitely the Adam's Marc Hotel. It has the best beachfront location. There are a lot of great hotels and motels right across the street from the beach, I wouldn't discount any of those just because they are not on the beach.

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 12:41 PM
peg

I disagree about the Adam's Mark. It has been remodeled but the beach is terrible, it has a break wall right out in front with sharp rocks and its right next to a very crowded public beach that was loaded with spring breakers. Teens line up on the breakwall to watch the g-string bikinis parade around and it is popular for wanna-be surfing on that side of the pier as well. Too many people. Try the Clearwater Hilton instead, it has the best beach frontage and yet still walking distance to the pier and marina. It is a much quieter public beach but they have chairs and cabanas that are for hotel guests only. Plus the small hotel pool next to the beach is just the right size for a dip and then a walk on the beach, they also had a live band there (poolside)when we were there last march. The rooms are very nice, all have a balcony facing ocean or key side. Shopping and Blvd is right outside the lobby doors.
For a great day trip, rent a car and go to Caladesi Island (15 minutes north). Its accessed by boat ferry only and the small island is great fun to swim,walk,picnic and lay out on. There is a snack shop and lots of cabana chairs to have a perfect day on a mini island, we saw lots of sting rays here but they didnt bother anyone. We liked that part. The water was wonderful. Have fun!!!