Reload this Page >

Clarion Hotel in New Orleans, La.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Robin

My wife and I are staying at the Clarion Hotel on Canal St. on our vacation in Oct. Would appreciate any comments or information from anyone that has stayed there. Is it within walking distance of the FQ? Is there a street car line nearby? Would also appreciate any comments from anyone who lives in NO. Thank you in advance for your comments and your time.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 04:13 AM
John

The Clarion is a new hotel on Canal, between Rampart and Interstate 10. Not the best location...it's somewhat seedy at night and I'd take a cab to/from the Quarter. Can't comment on the hotel itself since it's new.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:16 AM
Linda

I'm originally from NO. The Clarion would be the last place I would want to stay. It's next to the interstate and a run-down hotel. It's not NEW. Very bad section of town. Low housing one bolck from this hotel. I would not recommend it.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 06:18 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been past it, never in it and agree totally with the prev. 2 posters. It looks bad and is a not very desirable location. The rates must be WONDERFUL otherwise, they would never get any business.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 08:11 AM
John

Linda and xxxx are confusing the Crescent on Canal with the Clarion. The Clarion IS new. It just opened within the last few months and is a converted office building. It's near the State Palace Theatre, if I remember correctly. At any rate, not the best location. Certainly better than the Crescent, however, which is without a doubt the "why would anyone stay there?" hotel in this city!